PDA

View Full Version : ERA or PHI....DILEMMA!!!!

flyingchief
14th Apr 2008, 17:18
For those of you guys who fly in the GOM, maybeI can get some help to solve the hard dilemma...who to work for, ERA or PHI.
Hopefully not everybody is going to cheer for his own team and maybe I can get an honest and detached point of view....
thank you

tottigol
14th Apr 2008, 21:08
I do believe you have my contact information, please use it.

Redhawk 83
14th Apr 2008, 22:09
If they are hiring!:cool:

Darren999
15th Apr 2008, 00:26
I had the pleasure to work for Era. I had a good time there. I moved up fast, finished on the AW139. You read a lot about all the companies on these web sites. However, its what really suits you. I would recommend Era, they all have there small internal issues. They are now getting simulators, thier training is good. I can give you names of people if you would like to ask them. If you have further questions PM me..
I hope that has helped..:ok:

helicfii
15th Apr 2008, 01:27
Now is also a good time to move up fast at PHI. They are investing heavily in mediums and heavy aircraft. Large orders of S-76 C++'s are trickling in, as well as S-92's. They have sold off most of the older aircraft (412's). They are slowing moving away from light ships and field work- going for the B-I-G money that is out there in the deep water.

A very stable company with good compensation, benefits and double 401k matching. I've been with them for about 5 years, and it's one of the best companies I have ever worked for- training, equipment, and dedication to safety of operations.

kamovs
28th Apr 2008, 17:12
phi is the place
excellent trg
new and modern helicopters
reliable maintenance
decent salary
lots of scope--i have spent 4 yrs and am already a medium ship pic and flying the s 92 as well------in the next 3 yrs most vietnam veterans would be out and and there will be a lot of openings
try it u wont regret it---as long as u dont mind working in lousiana

before landing check list
28th Apr 2008, 18:14
I just had to ask....where is dalla and were you texting? (Blackberry ace maybe?) Remember that you are on probation here. :eek: I don't think a Vietnam era dude would have sounded quite like this.:ok: And Louisiana is an alright place.

en garde

ApocalypseThen
29th Apr 2008, 00:05
Dilemma ,Einstein , not Dalla

flyingchief
5th May 2008, 22:06
Thaks to everybody for replying to this thread, were all helpfull....

Local Lad
16th May 2008, 16:12
ERA ERA ERA
only go with PHi if you are absolutely sure you will like the GOM and stay with them for the two full years, if you don't and leave before the two years are up they WILL chase you for the 'training costs' thru the courts. Also don't join PHi if you think you may move over to the EMS side of the house at a later date, this is VERY VERY unlikely to happen, once you take a seat in the GOM they will keep you there. Shell pays a bonus to it's pilots for putting up with the extra Shell BS, ERA pays that money to the pilots, PHi doesn't allow this money to be paid (up to $1000 per month)
The opportunities to move up with both companies are the same.

tottigol
17th May 2008, 03:23
Too late, he went with PHI.
I talked with him on the phone and he is quite happy, I am sure it's going to work out just fine for him.
He also comes with a wealth of previous 412 time and offshore/naval experience.:ok:

flyingchief
19th May 2008, 02:37
Yep too late falks I'm in with PHI and I'm glad I did it:ok:....they started me on IFR program with 76a++,shortly c+ and c++ (general direction is to get rid of the a++ I guess...). PHI made me the best offer out all competitors in gomex, didnt really wanted to go single engine/small ships so here I am!!!:D

I don't really get involved with all rumors about main oil companies paying extras to PHI that pilot never see on their checks...or phi chasing you if you ever leave earlier than 2 yers....as I said, rumors. this is how I see it: salaries are very confortable to begin with and opportunities are there for everybody to bid for, just gotta catch 'em, SIC in a++ or 92's have pretty good incomes!!!and you can make PIC pretty soon if you're talented...
maybe somewhere down the road, experience will prove me wrong but for now I think I made the right decision...righ tottigol?

for tottigol only: porco due quei rotti in **** c'hanno rubbato lo scudetto!!!:ouch: fatte senti'

Thank to everybody for inputs....

Old Skool
19th May 2008, 17:14
Wait until you see the trailers at Morgan Sh#tty...

flyingchief
19th May 2008, 20:04
what do you mean Old Skool? are you with PHI? tell me more...are they that bad?

helicfii
20th May 2008, 00:21
Not true about not being able to move from PHI Oil & Gas to EMS. PHI EMS is expanding so rapidly right now that guys are being plucked from the gulf left and right. 3 years ago, this was not the case- nobody in the GOM could get into the EMS side of the house. Everything has changed now.

If you are short on experience, though, you are right- it won't happen for a while.

Also, if you take the IFR mediums path, then that will be your path with PHI- unlikely that you will move to EMS from there. :8

Heli-phile
21st May 2008, 08:24
After plodding through the large quantity of server space dedicated to Persian Gulf operations its nice to read of good things in the 'GOM'
After such praise it makes me wonder if there are any jobs.
What are the reqs for Capt and co positions, no doubt FAA license or??

Details and contacts would be very much appreciated

P.S. do they do touring contracts??

:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::eek::ok::ok::ok::ok :

Gomer Pylot
21st May 2008, 23:20
In general, FAA commercial certificate with instrument rating is required. ATP can help. You're expected to show up for work every 7 or 14 days. Any travel to and from the job site is your problem.

500e
22nd May 2008, 09:26
Hi GP 1 in 7 seems to be to good to be true will call today for vacancies :ok: