PDA

View Full Version : irish domestic pso flights

dublindispatch
14th Apr 2008, 12:33
Hey anyone know who is or has won the PSO contarcts for ireland!!! I hope its not all RE again!!!

EI-BUD
14th Apr 2008, 16:08
Hey dublin dispatch

I don't think that these have been agreed yet. I would imagine that Aer Arann will be back in there again, however, there is no reason why Flybe and Ryanair shouldnt get a shout. I believe that Ryanair had been refused in previous years as the 738 was deemed too big, but then Ryanair have launched Cork from Dublin and proven otherwise.

Flybe had asked for a chance before but were refused, but they have shown that they can do internal with a token Galway/Belfast city route.

Elsewhere I think Cityjet may have been interested and they would have appropriate aircraft with VLM and the new relationship with Scot.

Seven Fifty Seven
14th Apr 2008, 17:08
Don't forget Loganair. Been doing LDY-DUB PSO for years. Still are.

EI-BUD
14th Apr 2008, 21:02
I didnt mean to exclude Loganair, but I was sort of including them under the Flybe banner!

Seven Fifty Seven
15th Apr 2008, 07:01
Hey no offence taken!

I've been flying the Loganair LDY nightstop schedule for them for many years, infact I'm there again on Sunday! Good hotel, good route and great people. I just hope we get to keep doing it in the 'new' house colours!

Cheers!

positive
15th Apr 2008, 07:59
I think the PSO results for the airlines is due to be announced early May.