PDA

View Full Version : OFT - KISSIMMEE - Social Scene??

alanmtc
14th Apr 2008, 12:31
Hi

Anyone been to OFT or Kissimme in general?

Curious question.... Is there a night life, social scene, bars, clubs, young friendly enviroment??

All feedback appreciated!

ruslan124
16th Apr 2008, 16:57
I live in St Cloud which is the next town East of Kissimmee. Kissimmee itself is not too far from Dowtown Disney where you will find Pleasure Island an area of bars and night clubs. It also has an Irish bar and fish and chip shop although someone needs to show them how to make real fish and chips. You cannot walk to Downtown Disney, you will need to get a cab as it is a few miles away. The town of Kissimmee has of course some bars and restaurants but it is not what you would call night life. As for St Cloud, forget it.

v6g
16th Apr 2008, 17:57
If crazy golf is your scene then you're sorted. Otherwise, from my stay there a couple of years ago, the major nightlife is ambling down the aisles of one of the many local walmarts.

Religion seemed to be a big part of many people's lives down there too - probably since it's the only way people will develop a sense of community in such a sprawly faceless part of the world.

There's a pleasant (albeit small) park area in oldtown Kissimmee though.

Mercenary Pilot
16th Apr 2008, 19:03
IIRC there's a Ker's Winghouse within stumbling distance of Kissimmee airport. Hot chick's, cold beer and (US) sport's on big screen's. What else do you need? :E :ok:

Keygrip
17th Apr 2008, 11:43
MP - you not heard ?

Wing House burned down in early Februaury. It's gone!!

AlphaMale
17th Apr 2008, 12:23
What an awesome bar that looked like :eek: ... I was sold on going to OFT on www.winghouse.com (http://www.winghouse.com/) alone!!! Guess it's back to OFT v OBA for me :rolleyes:

Mercenary Pilot
17th Apr 2008, 12:50
Wing House burned down in early Februaury. It's gone!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :{ :{ :{

Oh well, there's always The Doll's House. :E