PDA

View Full Version : Coalition Forces Medical Facilities in Afghanistan

AvEnthusiast
13th Apr 2008, 12:55
Hello Commanders,

I would like to know if any of military personnel working in Afghanistan is in this forum and, know if ISAF or US force have a clinic in their bases, which will carry out 1st class medical check ups for flight crews.

Regards,
AvEnthusiast

BackfromIraq
13th Apr 2008, 22:10
It's my pleasure to be able to tell clots like you where to stick it.

What do you think we're here for?

Truckkie
14th Apr 2008, 06:44
I know a nice little surgery in donwtown Kandahar - I'm sure they'll love to see you!!!:mad:

AvEnthusiast
14th Apr 2008, 07:25
Well I know they are here for other things. But I ran out of choice. There is no approved (FAA, JAA, ICAO) Aviation Medical Examiner in Afghanistan. And even the word of AME is strange for other medical centers and they do not know what tests are required for 1CMC. And I need to obtain one, so tell me what can I do?

Tigs2
14th Apr 2008, 08:07
Do you already have a flight qualification? The reason i ask is that once you get your medical, what are you going to do with it? Are there any flight training schools in Afghanistan? I think you will have to go to Pakistan.

AvEnthusiast
14th Apr 2008, 09:26
Hi Tigs,

Professionaly I'm an Air Traffic Controller, but who have always wanted to be a pilot. And now I have decided to change this dream to reality and am on my way to an Asian country where I'm supposed to have my flight training. Bue due to enrollment procedure of related FTO I ought to have a 1st class medical certificate from my home country prior to their enrolment and check up.

Regards,
Aventhusiast

VinRouge
14th Apr 2008, 09:51
Get chatting to your fellow ATC'ers (of the western variety). I was under the illusion that AT controllers required a medical carried out by an av med anyway to work?

Agent Smelly
15th Apr 2008, 10:43
AvEnthusiast, are you really so dumb as to try and glean what could be considered sensitive information about the locations and facilities available at various coalition military bases in Afghanistan on an open forum? If you are, then you will need to demonstrate a higher IQ that shown so far if you want to get a job as a pilot.

It's a sad reflection on military air traffic controllers, if you really are one, if you hadn't thought about the security implications of your open request on here. Whilst it appears that English is not your first language, that shouldn't be used as an excuse for what appears to be extreme naivety or fishing for sensitive information.

I'd like to suggest that anyone with the required information show a bit more maturity and IQ function than the originator of this question and refrain from making it too easy for the Jihadists and other detrius to get information that could be used against our fellow troops out in Afghanistan. Post your replies on here or privately at your peril. :Ugh:

AvEnthusiast
15th Apr 2008, 12:41
Dear Agent,

Well I didn't ask in my question for the location, contacts or any other odds and ends. And my question can be replied only by "yes" and "no". And I don't think that having the info that class 1 medical check up for flight crew is acheivable or not can help the Jihadists to use it against coalition troops. Anyway different people, different opinions. And if you/others still pretend that it can be used, then we can ask the moderators to delete this thread.

Regards,
Aventhusiast