PDA

View Full Version : FLYER Professional Flight Training Show

ClintonBaptiste
13th Apr 2008, 11:35
FLYER Professional Flight Training Show

Anybody attending this?

Daft question I suppose, but what's the dress code ( Shellsuit? ):ugh:

Anyone know if Gestair are definitely going to be there?

Cheers

MrBrightside
13th Apr 2008, 12:47
Hello ClintonBaptiste

I attended the flyer professional flight training show in Dublin last year, highly reccommended. I found the dress code to be fairly casual with the majority of people, including myself, wearing jeans and a shirt. Anything along the lines of this would be fine. Tracksuit however .. not reccommended. I suppose you are just looking to affirm to the flight schools/airlines that you are taking the exhibition seriously in trying to further your knowledge etc.

From what ive read I do believe Gestair will be their. Take a look at this link for other exhibitors. http://www.flyer.co.uk/exhibitions/exhibitorlisting.php

My last piece of advice... ask lots and lots of questions. I went home from Dublin wishing I had asked more. Enjoy grilling them for information :)

Hope this helps
MB

Guest Speaker
13th Apr 2008, 17:34
I can confirm Gestair are attending the exhibition.

(FLYER Exhibition Crew)
:ok:

Leeds1972
13th Apr 2008, 20:27
Hi Clinton, seems great minds think alike, I'm from Leeds as well and heading off to the Flyer exhibition this saturday, just about to post a thread asking about the dress code:D
Mr Brightside or anyone give some good questions to ask that I might not of thought of yet??
I'm just studying for PPL ground exams and plan to head out to Florida the back end of the yr to get my PPL after which I hope to study for my ATPL (modular)
Cheers guys and see you at the show Clinton:ok:

F/O UFO
13th Apr 2008, 22:07
Yer i'm going. Does anyone know if we'll actully get to meet people on the courses, say from OAT/ CTC?

Greg2041
14th Apr 2008, 10:04
...or some of the Big Boys e.g. BA / Virgin?

Guest Speaker
14th Apr 2008, 11:33
Airlines present at the exhibition will be:

British Airways
NetJets
Ryanair

Full seminar and exhibitor details www.flyer.co.uk/exhibitions (http://www.flyer.co.uk/exhibitions)

:ok:

BHX86
14th Apr 2008, 17:16
I was actually planning to go to this however something came up and now i can't go, however am planning to go to the one in Dublin in September. Does anybody know if British Airways will be making an appearance there aswell. Were they at the last show in Dublin??

Nearly There
14th Apr 2008, 17:42
Does anyone know if we'll actully get to meet people on the courses, say from OAT/ CTC?

Most definately, the stands are run by intructors and students, I did the flyer show twice as a student with BCFT.

Good day out plenty of literature available, so grab as much as you can ask all the questions then go home and try and make a descision!!

ps the bar is bl00dy expensive!!

Morgo
14th Apr 2008, 19:09
is car parking readily available?

Nearly There
14th Apr 2008, 19:12
http://www.flyer.co.uk/exhibitions/FAQ.php#q6

Parking available £10!

Duffer2007
17th Apr 2008, 00:06
leaving for london tomorrow night! can't wait to let loose on the schools with my questions and grab all the info from the mini briefs as possible! Really lookin forward to it!!:eek::eek: