PDA

View Full Version : Wish list - Acronyms

bubble0seven
12th Apr 2008, 19:22
Hi, still planning.... I want to end up working as FO (in the end ) and due to the time and money involved would like to know the courses i need in cronological order to enable me to apply for FO jobs.....I will list them in the order I am planning and would appreciate your feedback! Add or subtract them!

PPL
Night
HOUR BUILDING
ATPL Theory
CPL
FI
ME
ME-IR
JOC

Worst case TYPE rating, however I would be more than happy to fly TP's given a 10th of a chance!

I just want a fair chance at the interview for the least amount of money and time off work!

Will be a great help so thanks in advance!

B

bajadj
12th Apr 2008, 20:19
forget the joc and replace it with mcc and your about there. Hour building can be used as the carrot at the end of the ATPL theory stick so you could swap those two around if you like.

acuba 290
12th Apr 2008, 21:19
I see it in my case like this: PPL+NQ+ATPL GS+HB+IR/ME+CPL

mini-jumbo
12th Apr 2008, 21:44
Worst case TYPE rating, however I would be more than happy to fly TP's given a 10th of a chance!

You still need a type rating to fly TP's

maxdrypower
13th Apr 2008, 09:32
Acuba , PPL+NQ+ATPL??????? What is that ??? The final qual you achieve is an fATPL which is a CPL/IR there is no specific course called ATPL

mcgoo
13th Apr 2008, 09:42
Hes put PPL+NQ+ATPL GS

ATPL GS = ground school

maxdrypower
13th Apr 2008, 09:45
he has your right:ugh::ugh: DOH

russellmounce
13th Apr 2008, 17:31
Have you considered the integrated course?

AlphaMale
13th Apr 2008, 22:06
Worst case TYPE rating

You still need a type rating to fly TP's

But what he's saying is ... He'd prefer not to have to pay for it with his own money i.e. SSTR :rolleyes:

I think your plan is a good one, it's the same as I am doing;

PPL & Night (in Florida)

ATPL GS while Hour Building

CPL & FI

Find an FI job

ME
ME-IR
MCC

Apply to Airlines (TP and Jet) with 1,000hrs+ on my log book.

Although I am looking into converting the JAA CPL to FAA CPL and getting an FAA ME-IR and then applying to Ops in the UK operating 'N' reg AC.

Good luck.