PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted!

expedite08
12th Apr 2008, 15:16
Hi all,

I left the Air Force a year ago due to family commitments and personal reasons etc for a crack in civvy life. To be honest I hate it!!! I want back in!

My question is this though, I'm 25 and my branch of choice would be the RAF Regt (Commissioned). Is 25 a bit over the hill for this branch? Should I be looking at Admin!!?? (no offence guys, you did a good job for me!).

I was not Commissioned before and served for five years. Another worry is the reaction of OASC to this. Having been to OASC before, I would imagine they dont like this sort of thing, or are they more open minded now?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (Please feel free to PM).

Expedite

Riskman
12th Apr 2008, 21:54
If you can demonstrate that your reasoning was sound, and that you did the right thing for the right reasons at the time, then it doesn't matter that your expectations weren't borne out by experience. The decision you made didn't bring the anticipated benefit so you want to change track.

Go for it! You are offering a prospective employer the opportunity to utilise your skills and qualities, not begging to be taken back.

Better than a lifetime of 'what if?'

Good luck

R

Juan Tugoh
13th Apr 2008, 08:09
As Riskman says it is far better to regret things you have done than to live life wondering what if. Go for it - you will at least know what they think of your idea at the end of the process. Good Luck.:ok:

rmac
13th Apr 2008, 20:32
25 ? bloody hell you've only just started developing your endurance capability. Just a sprog, should be able to tackle selection at your age, never mind JROC. :ugh:

Duncan D'Sorderlee
15th Apr 2008, 19:04
Good luck!

(and welcome back - maybe)

Duncs:ok: