PDA

View Full Version : Split

stickandrudderman
12th Apr 2008, 08:36
Can anyone shed some light on the lack of flights direct to Split from London this year?

Wizziar, BA and Croatia Airlines all seem to have stopped this route, leaving only Easyjet from Gatwick and their prices seem to have gone up accordingly.

While I think of it, is there anywhere on the net one can go to to find out who flys where? (In my case, a site where I can type in Split and get a list of all operators going there).

Cheers

charterguy
12th Apr 2008, 09:57
Try www.skyscanner.net or www.amadeus.net

brgds
CG

darren1
12th Apr 2008, 10:29
Croatia Airlines still fly from Gatwick, one flight goes via Pula and they also have a Saturday flight from Heathrow.

2J&D
12th Apr 2008, 11:18
You could also email the airport to see what summer traffic they have. I had the same problem with Pula, as I was trying to get my mum and dad there for his birthday...He is from Croatia..and they came back with a list of summer ops from the UK.

Is it Split specifically you want to go too? I ask because you can fly to Dubrovnik and transfer from there...Take about 2-3 hours....Flybe have flights, although I think they may be once a week...

I do find it strange that there seems to be less flights than last year and even the Reijka flights that EZY operated last year are not happening this year. The place is certainly becoming more popular.

Thanks
2J&D

WATABENCH
12th Apr 2008, 12:45
Try Londons latest airport "London West or otherwise known as BRS" Easyjet fly to SPU from BRS. :E

stickandrudderman
13th Apr 2008, 19:48
I have a holiday home near Split, and last year was able to fly direct quite cheaply and easily.
Tourist traffic is supposed to be on the up for the area so I can't understand why the destination should be dropped.
It's not going to do my rentals any good!!:uhoh:

LGWAlan
14th Apr 2008, 13:42
Check out www.whichbudget.com
Charters on Sats from LGW, MAN, BHX and BRS - PM me for further info and help in booking charters