PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a good C180/C185 Instructor??

irish seaplane
11th Apr 2008, 09:49
Hey,

Just wanted to know if anyone knew of a good tailwheel man who had lots of relevant Skywagon experience? Just bought a C180K and have put maybe 20hrs on it, alot of fun but would need more training for stronger crosswinds etc... Is there anyone out there who knows of someone who's put in the hours in one, maybe someone ex parachute club etc... Have 600hrs and 150hrs tailwheel and 350hrs seaplane but really want to get someone who can make a Skywagon sing, and learn from them.

All the best

William

Piper.Classique
11th Apr 2008, 11:38
Hmmm
You are cutting down your options there.
Women fly taildraggers and parachute aircraft too you know.
However, this particular pilot without male dangly bits can't help with tha 180. Try contacting para clubs directly, but bear in mind that their pilots don't usually have a critical audience on board for the landing;)

foxmoth
11th Apr 2008, 19:55
I could do this (probably 500+hours in an early model 185), but trekking over to Ireland for it is a bit beyond the call of duty. One thing you need to look at is which aircraft you have, some 180/185s have a very springy main gear, and you will probably never get a decent landing in one of those, the later ones are a doddle if you flew the early ones as I did!:eek:

will5023
11th Apr 2008, 20:18
Hi William, where you based, may be over near Abbeyshrule shortly.

Will.

irish seaplane
13th Apr 2008, 10:14
Sorry about the gender mix up - equal opportuinities employer here. Send on details if your up for the mission. Based near Mullingar at a private strip. I can pull off a greaser in it 50% of the time, and therefore cant really blame the under carriage but when she bounces she really ups the landing cycles.....

I'd travel to the UK to do an intensive week if I could get the right body for the task. Crossing the sea wouldnt bother us.

William

will5023
19th Apr 2008, 21:33
Hi William, happened to speak to Bertie today, think i know your machine, have PM'd you, he will have my e-mail via Declan, may be able to help.

Will.

justlooking_tks
20th Apr 2008, 03:57
I am looking for a share in a good C180/C185.

Heaps of light aircraft tail wheel time gained professionally (10 years AG flying), from a "previous life" but not an instructor. In fact I will need the services of one myself if I manage to purchase a share, as I haven't been near a tailwheel a/c for 23 years.

Apologies for the thread hijack.:ouch: