PDA

View Full Version : We Are Still Appreciated

fantaman
11th Apr 2008, 07:32
Morning all,

With all the bad press surrounding servicemen and the way we are treated by the public, today I witnessed the other side of the coin.

Having arrived at Brize early on the Tristar (cheers guys), I made my way over to Heathrow to catch my flight back up to Scotland. As my bag was full, my body armour was strapped to the top and the check in girl said it might be better if I take it on as hand luggage (this was Terminal 5 after all).

I got on my flight and made my way up to the back of the aircraft and the steward offered to take my body armour and look after it for me. Just a few moments later as I was getting my belt on, he came back down the aircraft to tell me he had locked it away with the crews kit and furnished me with a cold Carlsberg.

It doesn't sound much now but it felt good to know that some people still apprecited what we were doing, no matter what their personal feelings might be.

Thanks BA :ok:

airborne_artist
11th Apr 2008, 07:42
Did he ask for your phone number as you disembarked :E

fantaman
11th Apr 2008, 07:46
I knew that would come, just wondered how long it would take :}

Ten minutes though, your all getting slow!

airborne_artist
11th Apr 2008, 07:54
"I can't get the zip done up with it inside - would you mind taking care of it for me during the flight" :=

Spit the Dog
11th Apr 2008, 08:31
V. unusual for BA, having flown with them on many occasions over the past 4 years, long haul west, I don't think I've come across a more miserable bunch of cabin crew. Virgin put our so called national carrier to shame. Having said that, well done to the one individual who has obviously made a difference.

fastener
11th Apr 2008, 09:46
Wow!! You are brave. When flying with BA I'd wear all the protection possible.