PDA

View Full Version : Eurocopter Customer Service question..

Svenestron
10th Apr 2008, 15:24
Hi, this might seem an odd question but I’ve been following these forums for a while and have come to wonder over something..

People keep bashing the “Eurocopter” customer service and, OK, it does not have the best reputation. But is this an overall impression of the Eurocopter-range or does it apply more to certain model-ranges? Does it relate to the whole helicopter or more to some subsystems? (engine, blades, hydraulics, software.. the list goes on..)

Just from rumor I’ve heard that MBB was seen as having one of the top CS’s in the business whereas Aérospatiale had pretty much the opposite:mad:.. Can this still be said or is CS for BO 105, BK 117, EC 135 and EC 145 on the same level as the rest (AS’s and EC 120, 130, 155 and 225)?:confused:

What Limits
10th Apr 2008, 17:27
My experience of operating the EC135 in UK is that the CS from ECD (Eurocopter Deutschland) was second to none.

My experience of operating the AS350 in Canada is that the CS from Eurocopter Canada is awful.

quichemech
10th Apr 2008, 18:42
Customer service from Eurocopter UK isn't too bad, they do the best that they can to help you, Guys and girls in the logistics department are very helpful and the Overhaul shop guys are the same, RC who I think heads up the Customer services has been very helpful as well when I've spoken to him.

However they are hampered by their masters in France. That is where the problems lie IMHO.

widgeon
11th Apr 2008, 00:36
EC's problem was that they always felt spares provisioning was the customers responsability. When you purchase the aircraft you should also purchase a sufficient supply of spare parts to maintain the aircraft. I could never work out why the finite lifed items ( the ones it should be easiest to forecast) were nearly always the items in short supply ( Starflexes , sleeves and elastomeric bearings to name a few ). The Germans were a little better I recall ( much smaller product line to support though ).

Fly_For_Fun
11th Apr 2008, 12:46
Svenestron, do you have an affiliation to MD by any chance?

Sorry for the cynicism if you don't.

Svenestron
11th Apr 2008, 18:06
Well, Fly_For_Fun (and the rest of you)..
I do not have an affiliation with MD. As a matter of fact, the only affiliation I have is with Eurocopter.. ECD that is..

The reason I am at all asking this question in the first place is all the threads I’ve seen where someone is asking for advice on what helicopter to look for in a certain role. The answers are often quite harsh on Eurocopter; the reason being poor service. Now, a lot of people provide very specific and detailed background to their criticism which is good. But a lot of them are mainly just badgering Eurocopter strait off.. It could be that someone is looking into an EC 135, 145 or 155 and people with experience from the AS350 answer, saying. “-Eurocopter`s CS is total crap.. go for an A139 or MD 902 or Bell-something-or-whatever instead..”.

The question now is: Does the criticism of the CS for one helicopter necessarily apply to another?? I do very much believe that one should express exactly one`s experiences with an A/C to the advantage of others (so that they can avoid making mistakes). I however do not support the idea of carpet-bombing the Eurocopter customer service on the experience of completely different aircrafts, supported by entirely different customer services.

I’m hoping you can accept this for what it is.. A question on how different Eurocopter helicopters CS’s stack up against one another (and the competition, if you like). What is support like, based on A/C and maybe also different subsystems..?

quichemech
11th Apr 2008, 22:36
It might be a terrible thing to say, but the French side of Eurocopter does seem to be more of a problem, I gather that the Turbomeca CS isn't that brilliant either, but I can't comment from personal experience with regard to the engine.

The Germans will of course be super efficient!:)

Svenestron
22nd Apr 2008, 22:48
I’m sorry to have to do this to you all.. but I really want some more answers to this question.. BUMP!!:}:}:}

TangoMikeYankee
22nd Apr 2008, 23:09
I have only had good CS from Eurocopter. The problems I have had were with Turbomeca. First, to try to identify where the metal is coming from (Took them 3 weeks, and they still weren't sure after analising in their lab:ugh:)
Then they found a replacement Mod 4 and gave me some rediculous price:=
After I told them where to get off, they knocked $29 000 of the price:hmm:
And all this time (6 weeks in total) the aircraft was AOG because they had no loaner anything:mad:

212man
22nd Apr 2008, 23:12
and they still weren't sure after analising in their lab

But I bet they walked funny afterwards.....:p

Svenestron
23rd Apr 2008, 06:53
That was SO funny!!! I’m still laughing while writing this..
Thanks, you just made my day.. :ok:

EESDL
27th Apr 2008, 13:53
nothing received but poor CS levels I'm afraid.
From being unable/unwilling to provide aog parts delivery date/time to poor/zero feedback on early failure items.
In the process of arranging face-to-face visit to get some answers but can't believe that the customer has to feel compelled to visit the manufacturer for CS!!
They're too busy with big fish to bother with sparrows.

TangoMikeYankee
30th Apr 2008, 08:19
212man,
Very good:}:}:O
What else did you expect from the French??

Svenestron
4th May 2008, 16:34
EESDL said:
“nothing received but poor CS levels I'm afraid.
From being unable/unwilling to provide aog parts delivery date/time to poor/zero feedback on early failure items.
In the process of arranging face-to-face visit to get some answers but can't believe that the customer has to feel compelled to visit the manufacturer for CS!!
They're too busy with big fish to bother with sparrows.”

But on what ship???
Is this your experience with ALL Eurocopter models? Have you got experience with all? What I was asking for is DETAILED info. NOT a general remark without specifics..

TiPwEiGhT
4th May 2008, 16:48
My EC CS experience has mainly been with the EC120, EC UK were estimating 13 months for a seat harness! I think it's a problem with EC France, lack of AOG spares on the shelves, which unfortunately is affecting every other man and his dog. We have been told by them that they are pulling parts off the factory line to supply AOG customers due to having no spares.

quichemech
5th May 2008, 12:04
Svenestron,

You ask about customer service, you then list just about all EC types, you then berate people for generalisation.:ugh:

Just which specific type would you like feed back on?

Art of flight
6th May 2008, 08:40
After years of being at the bottom end of the Westland spares chain and laterly 8 years of service from ECD and MD lead me to the conclusion that you get what you pay for. If you've got a huge pile of cash doing nothing, you buy a box of spares and 'never' have to wait for extended periods.

The MOD method seemed to be to equip a Squadron with 12 heli's and only fund 66% of them for peacetime use, just strip bits off the 'hangar Queens' in the short term whilst you wait months for actual spares to arrive! Of course when you then deploy to sandy lands you start with a fleet of run down hangar queens before the enemy try to reduce your resources.

The Police system (no Hangar Queens available) is to pay into a pot along with other like minded operators in advance for a promise that items will be made available in good time. This approach often works.....

regards to all.

Svenestron
11th Feb 2009, 20:34
quichemech wrote:
Svenestron,

You ask about customer service, you then list just about all EC types, you then berate people for generalisation.:ugh:

Just which specific type would you like feed back on?Well..:ugh:
I was looking for info on all types, just wanted the info given to be coupled with the type..
There is a difference, at least to me, between saying "I have had only terrible CS from EC!" and "I have had only terrible CS from EC on my EC135!".. at least if you want to make a distinction between different Models of helicopters..

It just might be that the perceived (and perhaps very real) bad CS delivered by EC is specific to some models..

My "gripe" is, as I stated, with people that warn potential buyers to stay away from an A/C because of their personal bad experience with CS that might not be at all related to the A/C this potential buyer is looking at..
You may have experience with the CS of the AS332. This does not necessarily mean you are qualified to comment on CS concerning the BO105..
Likewise, having a EC145 parked on your pad does not mean you know what CS is like for owners of a EC120..

I believe anyone that reads the first post through understands what I was asking..

Encyclo
11th Feb 2009, 21:02
I guess EC moving from third to fifth place (as in last place) in the 2009 Pro Pilot survey probably means there are a few customers that are not pleased with their Customer Service :8

Svenestron
11th Feb 2009, 22:13
Poink!:ooh:
That was the sound of me giving up..:D:D:D

widgeon
11th Feb 2009, 22:23
I would love to see how survey by region is . In an earlier one it seemed to service got worse the closer you got to Marignane . Well the good news is it can't get any worse:rolleyes:

Brilliant Stuff
12th Feb 2009, 10:18
Also it depends if you are a VIP / Corporate or a para public customer, then again it could all be down to Karma.:}

verticalhold
12th Feb 2009, 11:30
The Key Account Manager systen works, ours is priceless at keeping us informed and forward planning our maintenance programme. The boys on the shop floor are bloody good and very hard working. The middle management are are total shower of C***S and I wouldn't employ one of them.

I am sick of the rude, arrogant and patronising attitude they apply to the customers. I long for a maintenance organisation who would treat us the way we treat our customers. Sadly the aircraft they turn out are excellent, their after sales service is an utter f***ing disgrace. I would dearly love to go through ECUK and hand one way tickets to the Job Centre to at least six members of staff.

There are no type specific problems. I have had dealings with ECUK on six different types. The aircraft are great, a few people completely let down a good product and some great staff.

ARE YOU LISTENING EUROCOPTER????????

Somehow I doubt it.

Coconutty
12th Feb 2009, 12:35
The KAM principle certainly seems like a good idea - in principle - providing the KAM gets the necessary support from other departments - engineering / design etc....

If those customers with a single KAM ( unlike Corporate customers who get two ) are also given a second point of contact, for when their KAM is not in the office / on holiday etc,:rolleyes: then I can see the potential for an improvement in overall service delivery :ok: - One for Markus to think about - bet he has done already :D

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/coconut11/Coconutty.jpg

jp4toulon
13th Feb 2009, 09:54
There are no type specific problems. I have had dealings with ECUK on six different types. The aircraft are great, a few people completely let down a good product and some great staff.

To reply to VerticalholdSpeaking of CS in UK, as far i can remember they are not French, is'n it?:=

I can agree with people speaking about Marignane, i did work for them for 3 years...:8Cheers from South of France;)

md 600 driver
13th Feb 2009, 15:07
I contacted ecd customer service regarding some lost log cards on a new gazelle MGB they sent me new log cards in the post it took about a week

first class service i am well happy

and the best thing is there was not a charge [i did think they would charge me something even if it was the postage ]

the worst thing was the engineer found them hidden after all underneath the gearbox in its transit box

5 star service

now then Turbomecca thats another story they are worse than useless they wont even reply to emails or phone calls

they need a star up there ar*e service

unstable load
13th Feb 2009, 15:08
It's a basic principle of French businees.
You buy an excellent product (generally) and it comes with terrible parts and customer service backup.
Aerospitball, Eurocopter, Turbomerde all the same. Total disdain when you tell them that their product has broken, because "eet ees impossible, mon dieu" and then a crashing silence when you ask for spares to fix it.

Their cars aren't much better outside France.

Mark Nine
18th Feb 2009, 09:34
verticalhold

Care to name names or even initials so that ECUK can listen!

nigelh
18th Feb 2009, 10:04
I have sold my AS 350 mainly due to turbomeca . I cannot afford to have another piece fall off and go through all the modules ( design fault ...known about but denied by them ) No liability for them and no insurance for me ...great . I would definitely have another one but with a different engine ( LTS 101 ? ) IF and WHEN it is approved in this country . With that engine you may just have a sensible helicopter . That is if you can get the parts from France !!

verticalhold
18th Feb 2009, 11:01
Mark Nine;

ECUK are well aware of the names concerned, both good and bad. I'm always happy to write in praise when it is merited.

VH

tigerfish
20th Feb 2009, 14:02
Vertical Hold,

I read your bit on customer service with interest, as it didn't quite match with mine. Anyway - I saw EC UK's director David Lewis yesterday and told him of your views. He was deeply concerned and invited you to contact him directly so that he could investigate and/or take some action.

I suggested that he read pprune & PM'd you but apparently he dosen't do pprune. Its a matter for you but my impression was that he was genuinely concerned to make contact.

I presume from your later entry that you have their contact details.

Tigerfish