PDA

View Full Version : Career Prospects after Multiflight

omarz1978
10th Apr 2008, 14:17
I am thinking of doing my Ab Initio to ATPL with Multiflight. I was just wondering if anyone else has trained with them or knows what jobs prospects are like after graduating with them.

Wilton Shagpile
10th Apr 2008, 15:06
I would assume that the job prospects will be the same as with any flight training organisation outside one of these CTC places as I don't think they have any particular formal links with airlines. However I am sure the instructors have friends which may serve as a back door into a job but that can be the case wherever you go. LBA is a smallish airport and you've got a few companies based there so it might be a good place to meet people who may be able to help you.

As a "one stop shop" you might be of more interest to Flybe too I suppose.

You will have noticed that there is a picture of a horizontal wind sock on the Multiflight homepage. Let that be a warning to you!

PPRuNeUser0173
10th Apr 2008, 16:34
FYI several recent "graduates" have found it easy to find gainful employment and also a regular visitor to the school just happens to be a VIP in the pilot recruitment business. There is no formal link though but some instructors do have good connections but that can be said for several FTO's I would guess. The first -time pass rate is quite high which will enhance one's career prospects.

Shunter
10th Apr 2008, 17:18
Not entirely sure why everyone moans so much about the crosswinds up there. I was landing 152's with 20kt across the runway during my PPL and found it a very useful learning experience.

I flew with a guy recently who learnt at Sherburn. Nowt wrong with that, but he'd never had to deal with crosswinds due to their having loads of runways. When he had to stick it down into a short grass strip with 15kts on the end of the wing the guy was terrified. Fortunately Cpt. Shunter was there to give him a hand ;)

A lot seem to do well getting jobs after MF. I guess it's no better or worse than anywhere else in that respect. Most of it's good up there, nice facilities, sim, decent cafe, AME/RT/IR examiners on site etc.. All the CPL/IR instructors know their stuff, and the best guys from LFS seem to have joined the ranks aswell since Cloud9 buried them.

There's a couple of faces that could use a prescription of happy pills, but then I suppose that's par for the course.

lazy george
10th Apr 2008, 22:55
Getting a job with anyone who's not Oxford, CTC, or Cabair is like finding unicorn ****e. Multiflight is a modular based training sort which means basically when your trained they dont give a ****. Kinda like the Oxford Waypoint programme ,they say you'll get your chance but you'll always be be behind the integrated pool, which is very big at the mo and will be getting bigger as we speak...

benish
10th Apr 2008, 23:09
Hi Omarzi, I think I may have some good info for you!

I am 18, and i'm considering the same Ab Initio, I live just 5 mins away from Multiflight. A few week ago I visited the school and spoke to the Cheif Exec and the head FI. My overall thought of the organisation was excellent.
I spoke to them about pass rates and they said the IR and CPL is higher than the industry average and considerably higher than Oxfords pass rate.
They also told me that a lot of their graduates that find a job, have gone to Eastern Airways and then some have moved onto Jet2, but they did not say how many found a job and in what time frame. The recruitment officer of Ryanair did the Ab Initio there just 4 years ago! From what hes told me I dont think hes a pilot for Ryanair, but certainly will help out a Multiflight candidate. Multiflight described there link with Ryanair, Jet2 and Eastern as "Informal"

Anyway all looks good for Multiflight. I have decided to get my PPL this summer at Leeds before deciding where to go next (Florida hour build/work and earn for a while)!

Any questions get in touch with me, also if you want to speak to this Ryanair fella just go to Ryanair.com and click ask a question on the carreers bit!

ford cortina
11th Apr 2008, 09:36
Hate to say benish, but the 'chief recruitment officer' at ryanair you are refering to was not the chief recruiting officer, he worked with the other guy Ash, but now is a ryanair cadet. I was at the recruitment drive in december and he was there, they announced that he was leaving to be a cadet and therefore his job was available. I should know as I did my PPL with him.

benish
11th Apr 2008, 10:37
Well soooorrryyy pal for getting it wrong. As i stated "from what hes told me"
Ive only communicated with him through E-mail, I dont know a great deal and I never was saying that I did.

Anyway, did you do your PPl at multiflight ford cortina?

ford cortina
11th Apr 2008, 11:51
Hang on mate, just trying to help.

Yeah I did my PPL with Multiflight went to their partner outfit in Florida and had some problems there, however now I do hear it is a lot better out there and they have nice newer aircraft.
I have no real problems with Multiflight, never got to do my CPL or IR there as they were booked up!

Still things could be worse at least I get to fly new 737's down in Africa.

Just to say I would be very careful of any promises you get off anyone, maybe it is because I am an old fart, or I have become a bit cynical.
Modular is as good as intergrated anyone saying otherwise is deluded, the license is the same where ever you go. Best of luck
FC

Northern Highflyer
11th Apr 2008, 13:10
If you are referring to PD, he did his PPL at Sherburn, CPL/IR at Multiflight and is now a Ryanair FO.

I also did CPL/IR at Multiflight, and as far as I know, am the only one from my time there still without a job. ho hum !!

ford cortina
11th Apr 2008, 13:25
Sorry mate, he was not PD, but SW

robbybobby
11th Apr 2008, 19:51
Im doing my PPL now at multi flight, seems a good place. In my humble opinion iv been impressed. The instructors seem good and everyone seems happy enough once you get speaking to them. I might add also that its surely great experience flying at leeds bradford. Pritty much every landing iv had has been cross wind and last time landing I had to orbit for 3 commercial jets landing and I followed another on to the runway after it had taken off (I wasn't charged for the extra air time). Its a great sight watching a 737 taking off from following it in to land!:ok:

The only down side is the roads to get there - massive ball ache!

flan
11th Apr 2008, 20:05
I think Multiflight is a great little training company. I have not been there since 2004 but after doing my CPL/ME/IR with them I went straight on to the 737-700.

Of the guys on my course one went onto the 737-800 another onto a 757-200 and another onto the 737-700, four of us together got jobs and I think the training was excellent. The jobs are around and I dont think too many airlines are that obsesed by where you went, however I have only been asked once why I went to Leeds in an interview. (Answer great training shame about the wind!)

Well worth a look and saves you some hard earned money

flan.