PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Stansted

UniFoxOs
10th Apr 2008, 13:37
Flying out from Stansted to Madeira in a few weeks, never used the airport previously, only ever even been there once to pick up pax, anybody got any hints, tips to save time and hassle. Both of us suffer from mobility problems and it's a cheesyjet flight, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance
UFO

theothersimon
10th Apr 2008, 14:21
Getting there by train is the easiest option. Either from London or Birmingham. Parking is expensive, and the long stay car park is a very long way from the terminal.

Check in is like anywhere else. The centre security doors flow quicker that then end ones. If you are of limited mobility I would expect that assistance would be provided.

You will need to wait in the lounge until the flight gate is announced. When the gate appears on the screens, you will need to catch the little train out to the gate - allow ten minites for this. Then you will need to go up in the lift from the train to the gate. I have no idea how to get from the gate (on the second floor) back down to the ground (to board the aircraft steps) any other way than the stairs, but it must exist.

Coming back, you will only need to go up to the first floor, before back down to the train back to the terminal. Passport control is usually packed, so allow twenty minutes.

There are plenty of places to get food and drink, including small outlets in the gate area (so you can get stuff after the train). As you are flying to the EU, they will hold your duty free to pick up on the way back.

Simon.

The Real Slim Shady
10th Apr 2008, 16:42
Yep. Go early as getting through security etc can take a long time. If you pre book assistance at both ends through your airline it may help you get through.

easy1
10th Apr 2008, 20:34
:{If you need 'special assistance', then book it well in advance, they are called pace. easyJet is not responsible for it, and make sure you book it for the other end well in advance

Been hacked
12th Apr 2008, 21:54
Stansted used to be my NO1 as it was large bright airy, and relativaly quiet. NOT ANY MORE !!! Its a madhouse i tell ya, mad!!

I think i prefer Luton these days. heathrow used to be ok, now its a nightmare, and Gatwick...forget it.