PDA

View Full Version : AriBen Aviator

Aceninja
9th Apr 2008, 05:23
Hi,

I couldn't find any recent posts on this school based in Ft. Pierce, FL. Just though I'd ask to see if anyone had any updates? What's the quality of training like? Is it worth the cost?

http://www.aribenaviator.com/

Thnx

nh2301
9th Apr 2008, 16:31
Bad management, few instructors, airplanes are dangerous wrecks. Many student's refuse to fly specific airplanes. Expect their program to take 9-12 months and thousands of dollars in extra costs.

bajadj
9th Apr 2008, 16:56
any bad points at all???:O:O:O

BHenderson
28th Jun 2008, 23:53
Hi All,

I spoke to AriBen (http://www.flyaviator.com) today regarding their twin hour building and they stated that I needed an M1 visa. I know this to be completely untrue, but does anybody know where I can find the actual visa regulations to argue my case. I've tried looking on USCIS but that is a complete minefield. I've also seen IFR's regarding 'course of study' comments. Surely somebody must have raised this issue with them in the past?

They had availability for my preferred start date of 7th July.

Your replies would be greatly appreciated.

Bobby

jococ3
29th Jun 2008, 09:55
Sorry, I know this is not the answer to the question you are looking for. But do you mind if I ask you something about the ME hour building with Ariben ? How does it work getting the P1 hours for a JAA license ? And how much is it costing you for how many hours ?

But you are definitly right in saying you don't need a visa. I did my hour building at OBA and didn't need one as I was not training for a course. I'm sorry to say I don't know any official site to get the info from.

Thanks.

jococ3
29th Jun 2008, 10:27
Hi, Just found out something that might interest you. Apparently you can enter as a tourist under the B2 Visitor for Pleasure Visa Waiver Program (VWP) if you are the holder of a passport from a country accepted into the VWP.

Info on a B2 visa can be found at

Visitor Visas Business and Pleasure (http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html)

Hope this helps......

Sonic69
29th Jun 2008, 15:18
Have you been there and experienced all this first hand?

malc4d
29th Jun 2008, 17:26
As posted on the private forum by SoCal App............:ok:

Who needs a visa and what type of visa is required?

1. If you are visiting the US to hour build or a flying holiday and have a FAA License or an FAA license issued on the basis of your Foreign License, you can enter the country on a Visa Waiver and fly as long as you meet the F.A.R.s. (BFR, Medical, etc.)
2. If you need to convert your license to a Restricted F.A.A. License, you will need to submit the request to the F.A.A. in Oklahoma City so they can do a background check; this process takes 20-60 days. If you get the o.k. to convert your license you can enter the country on a Visa Waiver.
If you do not have the time to wait to convert your license, you can take the F.A.A. Written Test and the Flight Test in order to get an Unrestricted F.A.A. License. In order to do this you will need to be on an F-1, M-1, or J-1 Visa. (Since you are seeking a License/Rating)
If you decide not to convert your license and just fly on an F.A.A. Student Solo Certificate, you will once again need to be on an F-1, M-1, or J-1 Visa. (Since it is a Student License)
3. Going to the U.S.A. in order to train for a J.A.A. or F.A.A. License. You must be on a F-1, M-1, J-1 Visa. (Since you are seeking a License/Rating)
4. If you are coming to the U.S.A. in order to revalidate you license, either F.A.A. or J.A.A., you can come on a Visa Waiver since that is a currency requirement and you are not adding a Rating/License. This is subject to change since the authorities are looking at this situation and there are people in USCIS which want this to require a Visa.
5. If you have entered the U.S.A. on holiday and while here decided to do flight training. Should you want to train in the U.S.A. after you arrive in the U.S.A. and are on a B Visa, you can apply to change your status to F-1/M-1/J-1 Visa and must wait till your status is changed before you can begin training. If you entered the U.S.A. on a Visa Waiver, you will have to leave the country, obtain the appropriate Visa and then return to train. The Visa Waiver is NOT a Visa and therefore you do not have a Visa to change status on.

Last edited by SoCal App : Yesterday at 02:36.

nich-av
29th Jun 2008, 20:12
Check PM.

This organisation is selling safety pilot time.
20$ more is charged for P1 time and this is what is sold to JAA pilots.

That brings the hourly rate on a 100 hours program to 220$+taxes...ie over 230$.

Under JAA it strictly prohibited for 2 or more pilots to log time on any aircraft not approved by the JAA for multi-pilot operations.
So what you'll end up paying if you want legal time is...over 230$/hour.

This is not expensive by European standards, but you can definitely find cheaper in the U.S.