PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Landing at Cairo Airport 05R with Hydraulic Failure

SU-GCM
7th Apr 2008, 21:25
As the title says
I have just Heared a/cs landing on 05L at Cairo which is only for takeoff as the Egyptian President lives on the Runway Finals

The runway is only used in case of emergency when I switched to my Scanner the TWR Reported an a/c has landed 05R and had Hydraulic Failure
so they switched for 05L while 05R is closed for Inspection by follow me Cars

Anybody Have more information???

Regards

peterperfect
8th Apr 2008, 08:36
Are you in fact the President ?

It might affect Pprune's responses !!!!!

roco roco
8th Apr 2008, 22:23
he sure is !!!!! and rummmmeeerrrrriiing on pprune !!! and his prof says 19 years old mmmmmmm ...:=

SU-GCM
9th Apr 2008, 01:43
I am really shocked for the replies I am reading here
I thought that this forum is a place of exchanging news and what's going on everywhere in the world
however i have found that you are trying to make fun of me which is totally unacceptable
I have made a couple of recordings during the incident for the Cairo Tower Controller with the a/cs and I am going to upload them very soon

Thanks a lot for your respectable replies and for encouraging people to share what's going on on another side of the world

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
9th Apr 2008, 07:09
SU-GCM. What you must appreciate is that to the professionals who use this forum what you have reported is "no big deal". Absolutely no offence is intended by my comment - I was as keen as you when I was your age and I went on to enjoy a long career in ATC. Hydraulic problems are fairly routine, as is switching to another runway and these things happen every day somewhere in the world - I have witnessed the same things at Heathrow on many occasions. These things happen in aviation and ATC and flying crews are well trained to deal with such matters.

Lastly, I don't know about the law in your country but in the UK is is against the law to listen to airband transmissions and illegal to publish anything that may be heard.