PDA

View Full Version : Stansted transit...have I enough time?

NWSRG
7th Apr 2008, 18:36
Folks,

Think I might be running a bit tight on this one...

FR into Stansted from France on a Monday evening, arriving at 18.40...and departing to Belfast with FR at 20.10.

90 minutes to collect baggage, check-in again and clear security...what do you think my chances are?

daz211
7th Apr 2008, 19:53
Yes your right, its abit tight, however FR flights normaly land early and its not a very busy time to arive at STN.

Good Luck ;).

A2QFI
7th Apr 2008, 21:00
Do you have any scope for travelling hand luggage only? Immigration is way better than it used to be; I went thru at 1830 recently and there almost more manned passport desks than people waiting to use them - well impressed.

NWSRG
7th Apr 2008, 21:08
Might be able to get away without baggage...we're going out with some, but I've considered leaving it with the rest of the family on the way home (coming back later with EI)...I know having only carry on bags would speed us up big style...

Musket90
8th Apr 2008, 07:14
I think check in closes strictly 40 mins before departure time, so if you are not there by 1930 at the latest ......

Big Harvey
8th Apr 2008, 09:15
"RiotAir" have a hand luggage limit of 10 kg per person, which if you use one of those small, lightweight wheely cases is not too bad. Unless I was camping or something, I'd have no problem complying with that for most trips. If you found you were a bit over the limit, you could stuff heavier items (books, camera, etc.) into your jacket pocket instead of your case, which is a tactic I often use. You can always stick these items into your case once you've cleared security.

I've flown with them quite a few times now, and despite the spartan nature of the overall experience, the punctuality has been surprisingly good.

Good luck though, because it's a tighter connection than I would be inclined to risk, unless they were to start issuing through tickets.

Sir Lee Bīstard
8th Apr 2008, 11:49
If you could use online check in - with just hand baggage - that could save you quite a bit of stress.

johnref
8th Apr 2008, 21:36
I've done it at that time - door of plane - through immigration and back through security in 16 minutes (I timed it) on a Friday. Problem is if you have to join a Ryanair checkin queue. Try and online checkin and you should be fine.

NWSRG
22nd Apr 2008, 20:08
Well folks, thanks for all your help...

We made it fine! The longest wait (for about ten minutes) was to get through passport control. Once through, we only had a couple of minutes to wait for our bags, and then only one person in front of us for check-in. Security was much the same, only a few people ahead of us...have to say, I was impressed with the STN operation. Been a while since I have used it, but everything worked very smoothly...

Happy days!:ok: