PDA

View Full Version : ATPL exam accomodation in gatiwick???

brs
7th Apr 2008, 09:08
Where do I find a good quiet place to stay during the 14 atpl exams in gatwick???

best regards

brs

JB007
7th Apr 2008, 11:43
Loads of B&B's in the Horley area, all reasonably priced - 5 mins drive the Aviation House - do a google search

brs
12th Apr 2008, 16:12
it seams like HORLEY is pretty far from aviation house....?

or.....

BRS

gap
12th Apr 2008, 17:12
Found the Ibis hotel on the net, seems close but don't know if its within walking distance..? Maybe some body has already stayed there and can answer that.:)

Shunter
12th Apr 2008, 17:20
The Travelodge is within walking distance (10 mins). Don't have the steak and ale pie though (cardboard & gristle pie). Or the red wine (blackcurrent & paint stripper). Room was basic, but comfortable enough. Cheap wifi.

The Ramada is also within walking distance, but more like £70/night instead of £25. Pool, nice food. No pikeys.

Both are reachable via the buses from the terminals which are frequent, and free within the Gatwick area.

jiffajaffa
12th Apr 2008, 17:53
Stayed in a place called the Gatwick Belmont mate its in Horley nice clean place ive stayed in another few places around that area and I cant say the same for them! they also bring you to aviation house in the mornings and home in the evenings what more could you ask for? think it was bout £45 per night breakfast included.

spacecadet
12th Apr 2008, 18:34
It depends on whether or not you have a car, although some B&B's would probably give you a lift.

Horley B&B's (mainly on Masset Road area) are 5 mins away in the car. There is a cycle path that leads you straight from Horley into the CAA, it would take you 15 mins max. walking.

Crawley (town centre) is 5-10 mins in a car & the same cycle path will take you to the CAA, but 20-30 mins walk. If you stay in the IBIS, 10-15 min walk!

It all depends on your personal circumstances. If you have a car, have money, pretty confident of passing, I would stay in Crawley simply because there is more to do!

Horley has one main pub now, The Jack Fairmans. A Weatherspoons pub, cheap booze, cheap/good food & ok clientle! Other pubs in Horley, but pretty rotten!

If you need anymore info, let me know as I live local.

Maybe I should start up my own B&B for wannabe's doing the exams!!

gap
13th Apr 2008, 10:31
Thanks Spacecadet,

The Ramada was mentioned above, could you walk to the Caa from there?

Shunter
13th Apr 2008, 13:53
Yes. Easily. That is in fact what I'll be doing tomorrow :ok:

Can't keep away from that place, me. :mad:

spacecadet
13th Apr 2008, 14:05
If you walk across the road from the Ramada (A23) towards Horley, turn right & the CAA is about 1.5 miles down the road. There is a pavement down the A23 for 5 mins, when it ends go through the gate & you are on the cycle path (Route 21 I think). Follow the signs to Crawley & you will be there in 15 mins!

I always use the bike on that route but I will be back on Wednesday & I will take the pooch for a walk so I will time the walk for you.

The Ramada will do transport to the airport, you could take that & I guess you could get on the CAA mini-bus from Concorde House (South Terminal) to the CAA.

A local taxi would cost you no more than £5 (01293 430430) but you would have to book them as they are always busy at that time in the morning.

acuba 290
15th Apr 2008, 14:29
just booked now for June exams at
Gainsborough Lodge
39 Massetts Road
RH6 7DT Horley
somebody knows it?