PDA

View Full Version : Catching something from a Virgin...

Self Loading Freight
6th Apr 2008, 20:22
Back from Shanghai on Friday on VS251, thirteen hours in the back (I thought the jetstream was supposed to be slowing down by now?), next to a small Chinese women with a five-second sniff. I make that 9360 sniffs. Who was it who invented that water torture again?

Saturday morning, sick as the proverbial - just coming back from a weekend of jet-lag aided sleepless fever, sweats and aches. Not the first time I've copped a nasty in very close conjunction with long-haul: are there any stats on whether this is a real effect or just one of those things?

R

surely not
7th Apr 2008, 04:24
Using tongues when you kissed her probably didn't help :p :E

Self Loading Freight
7th Apr 2008, 07:21
After two hours of sniff.... sniff...... sniff...... it wasn't tongues I had in mind. Well, of fire, perhaps.

PAXboy
7th Apr 2008, 10:17
SLF, I have only ever read subjective views on this and cannot recall seeing any stats. I guess the problem is the varying incubation time of bugs. If a pax (not you) comes down with a cold, did you get it in your biz meeting before leaving for the airport? From the taxi driver? When someone has contracted a cold and is incubating, they are also (I understand) infectious and made be giving out spores (or whatever) in their breath but appear to be healthy. The next morning, the cold erupts.

So the only certainty is that travel exposes you to more people and their bugs.