PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Literature

Rugbyears
6th Apr 2008, 11:17
Are any of you experts able to recommend proven ATPL literature or software, which one is able to study prior to initiating the ATPL programme? I am aware course literature is provided during the programme, nevertheless, one hopes exposure to the scope of material will further encourage ones chances of passing first time.
Many thanks

NB. I require more than a chance of passing, possibly a miracle!!!:O

maxdrypower
6th Apr 2008, 11:24
Try being me matey , Im starting tmrw and havent been in classroom for twenty years , Im in need of something well beyond miracles.
What I was told by my school was forget about studying prior to the course. Everything you will need will be taught to you . As some things do change from time to time you could end up studying stuff you dont need , or even put yourself off by looking at some of it .
Enrol on the course and turn up with an open mind is what Ive been told
Hopefully it will work:eek::eek::eek:

Rugbyears
6th Apr 2008, 11:42
MDP what cycle is your stomach currently engaging.… Anticipation, Excitement, Nervousness – God I whish I was you – Start of a whole new era so to speak! :ok:

What training provider are you using..? I was considering the CATs distant learning package, although I am aware it requires an awful lot of self discipline. :eek:

maxdrypower
6th Apr 2008, 11:54
Being honest matey I have always considered myself below par as far as intelligence goes , and Im sure a feeling held by others:rolleyes:
I tried Bristol GS but with a full time job I found it virtually impossible . A lot of people do it and by god all credit to them . I couldnt . I need a classroom and a teacher . Be under no illusions the material is vast and Dl takes an awful lot of work and IMHO you have to a special kind of person to carry it off and Ive got nothing but respect for those that do.
I have decided to give up my job and pursue it full time Im going to BCFT .

Rhyspiper
6th Apr 2008, 17:21
Oxford's ATPL Performance CD is very good interactive lessons, lectures and whatnot.

2close
6th Apr 2008, 21:35
Guys,

I did the ATPLs distance learning at 45 - 46 years old. It is do-able but it was going so slowly on Mod 1 that I had to bin work and lock myself into the local library for 1 month prior to Mod 1 exams. I then managed to crack Mod 2 in 3 months by again locking myself away in the local library with all the winos and crusties reading the freebie newspapers.

Do not make the mistake of relying on your 2 x 2 week brush-ups to get you through the exams. You could be in for a rude awakening.

Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.

2close

Rugbyears
6th Apr 2008, 22:10
Thanks - there is some really good information out there! you EXPERTS!!!!:ok: