PDA

View Full Version : Get a JAA license in USA

Macky2
5th Apr 2008, 18:26
Hello!I'm new in this forum.

Firstly, I would like ask if is it possible get a JAA Multiengine and instrumental ratings in USA and after It can be validated for DGAC in Spain?

I would like get those ratings in order to do building time there. Many thanks in advance!

AlphaMale
5th Apr 2008, 18:35
is it possible get a JAA Multiengine and instrumental ratings in USA

You can get a JAA MEP rating but you can't get an Instrument Rating in the USA, that will need to be carried out in JAA land. You could however add a IMC to your JAA PPL in the states or if you're hell bend on getting a IR in the US then you could add a FAA IR to a converted JAA > FAA PPL.

Good luck.

bajadj
5th Apr 2008, 18:38
Hi Macky, I believe it is possible to get a JAA Multi rating in the U.S.A. It is not possible to do a JAA IR in the states although you can "convert" a FAA IR, although I believe the conversion must be done in a JAA state.

Did you say you wanted to do hour building in JARland??

I would have thought this would be miles cheaper in the states than any JAA state?

sorry if i misinterpretted.

bdj.

Macky2
5th Apr 2008, 18:59
Now I have a PPL license only and I would like do building time in USA, but the hours that I want are: instrument and multi-engine. I think, I will get ME and I will do about 200 hours in USA in order to get the CPL and ATPL in Spain after.

Thank you for your answers!

BlueSkyAir
5th Apr 2008, 22:19
I can lead you to JAA training in the USA for any or all licenses and ratings. Please email me at [email protected]

Rugbyears
6th Apr 2008, 10:15
BlueSkyAir - would you kindly share with the rest of us!!:=;)

Macky2
7th Apr 2008, 10:12
I've seen this web www.flyoba.com (http://www.flyoba.com) and they said that they offer a JAA IR rating. Should I supposed that this rating would be validate in any European country? Thanks for your answers!