PDA

View Full Version : S.A. Pilots being blacklisted

JPSV
5th Apr 2008, 07:43
Overheard a conversation between two operators at Lanseria Airport resturant this morning that the South African operators have started a forum for blacklisting pilots that are trouble makers.
Can anybody give more info.:ooh:

Babuska
5th Apr 2008, 07:50
I cannot confirm but I like the idea, its about time we get rid of all the sh:mad: makers in our industry. they make us look bad out in the real world.

Lynessa
5th Apr 2008, 07:55
Seconded, I am sick of taking the rap for the small percentage of pilots causing all the crap in our industry. We ment to be proffesional people but can spend most of our time complaining of the most tiny problems.
They need to get out so the rest of us that want to do our jobs can get on with it.

JMSP
5th Apr 2008, 09:02
Well done Operators, S.A. pilots are excellent pilots but have the worst reputation in the industry.
I have been told that by more than one of the larger international airlines during interviews in the past 12 months.
At last the guys that do the work and look after the Operators will start be awarded and get good references when moving uo the ladder.
Just like any other business the people that are part of a team get rewarded and the people that cause all the crap get pushed out.
Long overdue.

groundfloor
5th Apr 2008, 09:38
Careful Gents, this could be a real hot potatoe! Making trouble how? Booking off sick all the time? Late for flights? or refusing to fly over weight or go against manufacturer limits etc....Yes Saffers can be bloody minded! I can think of a few that were well known for it - Malan, Pienaar, Wilkins, Alberts, Kay etc.....YES men they arent. Agreed there is a very small minority of barrack room lawyers but in my experience 95% of the guano has come from the operators...:bored:

Solid Rust Twotter
5th Apr 2008, 09:56
Might pick up some grief with the new Labour Act doing that.

maxrated
5th Apr 2008, 11:02
Given that some of the SA flight ops management are incapable of organising a p1ssup in a brewery, I hardly think that there's any possibility of any 'pilot blacklist' becoming mainstream or being taken seriously.

Besides, there are many well documanted examples of the most severely inept and dysfunctional individuals rising up through the ranks of SA aviation companies on the strength of connections to Old school tie/ SAAF old boys club/ attend same church etc. Placing these peoples names on a list will serve zero purpose.

More so in the contract environment where even the most reprobate pilot will have fistfulls of $$ thrown at him when a company is suddenly hard up for crew.

Possibly, pilots should come up with a blacklist of air ops management who crisis manage, are inept at planning ahead, habitually screw up their company's pilot rosters, cancell approved leave, and are generally incompetant at forseeing even the most obvious screwups coming from 3 weeks away.:ugh:

newcrew
5th Apr 2008, 11:12
Given that some of the SA flight ops management are incapable of organising a p1ssup in a brewery, I hardly think that there's any possibility of any 'pilot blacklist' becoming mainstream or being taken seriously.

Besides, there are many well documanted examples of the most severely inept and dysfunctional individuals rising up through the ranks of SA aviation companies on the strength of connections to Old school tie/ SAAF old boys club/ attend same church etc. Placing these peoples names on a list will serve zero purpose.

More so in the contract environment where even the most reprobate pilot will have fistfulls of $$ thrown at him when a company is suddenly hard up for crew.

oompilot
5th Apr 2008, 18:41
Typical! Expect pilots to work outside of the SA law and aircraft spec, then start a site to bad mouth pilots who don’t comply. I think this site would lead to a list of law abiding pilots who can’t be bullied.

Solid Rust Twotter
5th Apr 2008, 18:50
Possibly, pilots should come up with a blacklist of air ops management who crisis manage, are inept at planning ahead, habitually screw up their company's pilot rosters, cancell approved leave, and are generally incompetant at forseeing even the most obvious screwups coming from 3 weeks away.

In SA? That would be pretty much all of them then...:hmm:

Typical! Expect pilots to work outside of the SA law and aircraft spec, then start a site to bad mouth pilots who don’t comply. I think this site would lead to a list of law abiding pilots who can’t be bullied.

I think you may just be onto something there, Oompilot.:ok:

Contract Dog
6th Apr 2008, 11:41
can you really see all the big players in the industry sitting down over a cup of tea discussing who not to hire? they are all too buisy trying to poach crew from each other for that.

Dog

JG1
7th Apr 2008, 13:47
They might not be capable of organizing a pissup in a brewery, but they LOVE directing their time and effort at bullsh1t like this.

So they will blacklist anyone who crossed them or stood up for himself and his crew, then, when they are desperate, they will go behind each others back straaaaiaght to the blacklist and hire okes off of it:suspect:

Propellerpilot
7th Apr 2008, 21:56
Who then is to judge to what is gossip and what is true. I can just imagine how many "loosers" are out there, who actually do their jobs really well and even go further than the job requirments - then to be humiliated by jealous individuals seeking to make that persons life miserable for their own gain. What I am talking about is mobbing. This is not only something that happens in aviation but in any other sector - and often management is directly or indirectly involved in the mobbing process too cover up own weaknesses. This whole issue is extreamly counterproductive in a business - just as are those individuals who should indeed be blacklisted. To this reason, I do not think such a list can supply anything unless it is based on objective facts-what are the ways in order to achieve this without judging a person by his/her cover ? Or might some get blacklisted for some kind of petty stuff ?

flux
7th Apr 2008, 22:47
A list like this leaves itself to abuse, who are the muppets that were disscussing it, that is the question?

FatFrank
8th Apr 2008, 07:07
What a load of Krud !!

Who is anyone to decide who is good or who is bad. What is the criteria, crashed, turned up p1ssed, late or just happened to talk back at the wrong time and express an opinion. I would do my best to bust this nonsense.

Very, very open to abuse by the "powers that be"

Contract Dog
8th Apr 2008, 08:44
Overheard a conversation between two operators at Lanseria Airport resturant this morning that the South African operators have started a forum for blacklisting pilots that are trouble makers.
Can anybody give more info.:ooh:

Come on guys, all this from a "first time" pruner? Its a blatant wind up! The operators at FALA can barely co ordinate their current contracts, let allone a mass crew data base of who is or isnt worth hiring. what a load of hog wash!

Dog

four engine jock
8th Apr 2008, 09:23
This whole story about blacklisting SA pilots is BULLCRAP to put it in a nice way.
From my ex SA pilot are among some of the best pilots in the world.
be that as it may there are always some rotten apples. But that happens everywere.
So SA pilots should just blacklist the crap operators.
SO to all SA pilots .
FLY SAFE!!!!!!!!!!

I.R.PIRATE
8th Apr 2008, 09:25
NOw I wonder if some of us will be blacklisted for not doing the horizontal mumbo with certain charter hags at FALA?

It has been a trick for many years to snag young, toight pilots....:E

chevael
8th Apr 2008, 18:07
Hi fellow pilots, yes, we are own worst enemies?? Why? Because we will, after getting your comm. Fly for any body, at what ever rate? anywhere just to get hours and then what? Now we have some experience and now demand a livable wage! So what next, there are a dozen plus waiting in the wings to take over! Now we go and bitch and then are referred to as trouble makers. We have only got our selves to blame.
Time to stand up and demand to be respected as professionals, for what is, after all our passions and a great way of life..

SIDESTICKDRIVER
11th Apr 2008, 10:05
I totally agree with your sentiments. As you mentioned, there will always be bad apples wherever you go, but I think it would be more prudent to list the k:mad:k operators !!

TSHEKUDU
21st Apr 2008, 18:25
No mate, you have it wrong, its not S.A. pilots that are blacklisted, its SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS pilots that are blacklisted, and the trouble makers cause they are like little boyes who's toy has been taken away from them when they dont get there way(last pay dispute), they think they are the only people who can do the job properly, nobody else understands aviation like they do, cause they didnt invent it,,,,, but a lot of them think they perfected it. YOU GUYS ARE MORONS

Malagant
21st Apr 2008, 18:46
I don`t think it`s prudent to call the persons on here MORONS..and how do you know that its the SAA pilots that was discussed, MORON..? The first statement thats on here that someone "OVERHEARD" operators discussing blacklisting pilots is really vague..and can lead to different interpretations..Who was the person listening in on the operators discussion..who were the operators and if the eavesdropper wanted to know who and why they want to blacklist pilots why didn`t he just lean over and ask them since he was listening in on their conversation anyway..?:=

TSHEKUDU
21st Apr 2008, 18:50
I arrest my case malagant, you decide..........sorry for calling them morons, but unfortunately some of them are;)

TSHEKUDU
21st Apr 2008, 19:01
sorry meant to say MOST

JET-UP-SET
21st Apr 2008, 22:35
Blacklist all you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO PILOT, NO FLY!!!!!!!!!!:E

I'll die of old age in my bed, not in any aircraft or for any operator............!

Fly Safe !!!!!!!!!;)

The Actuator
22nd Apr 2008, 04:25
Tshekudu - that type of moronic posting leaves this reader in no doubt as to who the real moron is. I've been there for 9 years and sure there are some people who I might call a moron but to claim you know most of them (that would be about 400 odd) and that those you know are morons....
Nice post