PDA

View Full Version : CPL flight training Part time in NE England

Fastair345
4th Apr 2008, 22:04
Is it possible to complete a CPL part time at weekends?

Han 1st Solo
5th Apr 2008, 11:29
Anything is possible, but personally I wouldn't recommend it, best to have a straight shot at as continuity of training means you're more likely to complete the course in minimum hours, and thus less expense. The north east weather is such that you could end up taking months to complete it if weekend weather is poor, and you may find that you end up taking more steps back than forward and having to cover the same exercises again.

Presume you're looking to fit the CPL around work but if you can use your holidays or take some unpaid leave then in my opinion thats your best bet.

Hope that helps,

Han.

Fastair345
7th Apr 2008, 12:31
Thanks for the replies. Interesting there is an Instructor so close. !! (3 miles)

Can a FI teach CPL as well as PPL or is there a CPL FI?

I know the ST. George and CFS therefore will ask them for info.

Fastair345

PPRuNeUser0173
7th Apr 2008, 14:57
CPL Instructors have to meet certain experience requirements (see LASORS) and both places you mentioned can conduct your training.
Before choosing the school go and visit them unannounced and see what facilities are on offer.

The nearest and cheapest may not be the best!

Fastair345
13th Apr 2008, 20:52
No I am prepared to travel in any case . I have visited them both and am interested to understand what the Leeds Flying school have to offer over and above the Teesside schools?..anybody got any experience in this area?

Rugbyears
14th Apr 2008, 09:28
I’m assuming Tayside is possibly a little too far for you to consider!!! – Excellent reputation though…..

http://www.taysideaviation.co.uk

Fastair345
14th Apr 2008, 16:47
Thanks for the suggestion. Probably a bit too far to travel but will look into it. I have a share in an AA5. Flew up to Fife in Jan and was impressed by the setup there (for a GA operation anyway). Had a bite in the Typsy Nipper then returned to EGNV. The flight time was 90mins therefore it is possible and it would contribute to the hour building I suppose. Food for thought.

regards