PDA

View Full Version : air care network

skihi
4th Apr 2008, 08:17
Has anyone out there heard of a company called air care network? Apparently they are agents for flyglobespan.

groundhand
4th Apr 2008, 15:07
Skihi,

Never heard of Air Care in Europe but there are a couple of companies by that name in North America. Medi vac and general/light commercial aviation seems to be thir areas. Have no idea if they have anything to do with flyglobespan.

Try googling Air Car.

flyglobespan handling in the UK.
Alba Handling
Servisair
Swissport

GH

consutant
31st Jan 2009, 22:27
Aircare are not agents for globespan or anyone else they are supposed to be consultants? checked with durham tees airport which they claim to be one their bases no one @ that airport has ever heard of them they use trinity house @birmingham as as their home base try to contact them got no reply:ugh:

FMCTEMPEST
1st Feb 2009, 08:20
Air Care were Pax Handling Agents for Globespan Check In & Arrivals Agents @ Bristol during a period of time through 2008.
However Servisair handled the Ramp & Dispatch of the aircraft 757.

Sprogston Green
1st Feb 2009, 11:02
Nice looking web site with all the usual airy fairy waffle promising the world, little real world stuff to give it any substance or credibility.

Is it anything to do with the defunct Aviation Support at BHX, I hear Aj was at BRS (would explain the BHX address). Apologise to all if I am wrong with this arm chair theory.

consutant
1st Feb 2009, 20:19
Re air care web what is landside to cockpit communications

Sprogston Green
1st Feb 2009, 20:51
Consutant - Posh way of saying an RT radio from ops office to cock pit. Most handling agents have them as a required piece of kit (nothing fancy).

Aviation support handled X3, Flyglobspan, FlyWoosh and sky europe at bhx. The guy proved alot of people wrong by managing to start a handling agent at BHX however one day there was some kind of incident (the details I do not know) and the next day the airport allocated the contracts between the other three agents. The guy could talk the talk brilliantly but really struggled to do the walking bit, so I would advise caution.

consutant
1st Feb 2009, 21:21
SPROGSTON GREEN landside is not a posh way of OP,S to COCKPIT communications as landside is terminology for all areas outwith airport perimeter why caution?

Sprogston Green
3rd Feb 2009, 11:53
Easy Tiger no need for capitals, I come in peace - I appreciate your correct in line with the meaning of landside areas however I cannot see what else it refers to. Some DCS systems have ability to send acars messages but I doubt this is what it refers to. Anyone else like to hazard a guess.

Re caution - select the advanced search function on this site and type in Aviation Support (search flight/ ground ops forum only). Read other people's posts and then feel free to come to your own conclusion.

Take Care

SG