PDA

View Full Version : Emirates B/C Boeing 777-300ER

Holdposition
3rd Apr 2008, 19:20
Doing MAN/DXB in May business class 777-300ER. I know that Emirates are doing refits and I understood that my flight would have the lie flat seats rather then the recline ones. Checking the EM web site seems maybe a change of aircraft as it lists recline seats not lie flat. Her who must be obeyed has just said how disappointing if not lie flat so I said would ask if anyone knows for sure on here what setup it is.

Final 3 Greens
4th Apr 2008, 05:17
HP

I can;t answer you question directly, but having used the older 777 config quite a bit the seats are okay for a sector of the MAN DXB duration.

Recline is not flat, but is still substantial and the seat width is okay.

The other option is can you upgrade to 1st? Those are lie flat seats - well the back doesn't go totally flat, but near enough and the seat bottom converts into a flat section for legs and feet - if the differential is not great it may be worth considering.

SuanLum
4th Apr 2008, 13:56
Hi,
it's hit and miss with EK,15 months ago we flew EK biz BHX/DXB/BKK return,all on 777's.Only one flt out of 4 was the layout/seating we expected,some better some worse.As the previous post says on a 7 hour mostly daytime flt "deeply reclining" are fine so unless you're on the later flt should be ok.
Ek's website is misleading and out of date,the 777/300's are mostly refurb'd but the ER's are not.Flyertalk website(airline progs,Skywards) has lot's of useful info
http://flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=490

Cheers

Holdposition
4th Apr 2008, 19:02
F3G

Thanks for that, should have said going onto PEK from DXB (think onward leg 340). Spoke to EK today and with bit luck should be flat bed MAN-DXB with the recline other leg. At least boss is pleased that she should be able try the flat beds:O.No chance of doing an upgrade as it's only 2 class, still sure I will enjoy the trip.