PDA

View Full Version : Heli Skills Test

allanon1980
3rd Apr 2008, 16:25
Hi guys, I'm going to be doing my flight test in the next few days. What should I be looking out for in the oral part of the exam? Whats likely to come up?

Cheers.

Firefly01
3rd Apr 2008, 16:50
Firstly, everything that will be expected of you or can be thrown up on the test can be found in the standards document relating to what test you are taking i.e. P.P.L.(H)/C.P.L.(H) or F.I.(H). This will be titled "Candidates guide for the applicant of a _______ skills test.

Whichever it is, my advice would be know your aircraft inside and out, especially the emergency drills, if it is an F.I. test, you will be asked questions on some of the most popular subjects that a typical student will ask you.

Overall, you should have really learnt your subject as trying to bluff the examiner is the worst thing to do. Good luck.

FF01

allanon1980
3rd Apr 2008, 18:05
Its a PPL exam. Pretty happy with emergencies, aircraft knowledge etc etc

misterbonkers
3rd Apr 2008, 19:04
The UK CAA has produced the following standards document for potential candidates over here. I dont know how much things differ in Ireland but its all supposed to be one European wide umbrella so things should be pretty similar (tongue in cheek?)

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_19_H.PDF

Your Instructor should give you a good run down and a mock test beforehand but in any event I'm sure your examiner will brief you thoroughly on the day and if you are unsure of anything said then don't be afraid to ask - its often far more dangerous if you assume!

Good luck for your test!

tegwin
3rd Apr 2008, 21:17
To be fair if your instructor thinks you are ready for the exam, and you are comfortable that you know all the emergency procedures as listed in the aircraft POH you will do just fine!

On my skills test there was not an oral section as such, just running questions as we went along, nothing too stenuous to be fair...

Just go and enjoy it and good luck.

You never stop learning!