PDA

View Full Version : Kenya Questions?

jay1909
3rd Apr 2008, 02:49
Hi,
Get through the long time reader, first time poster cliche and the onto business. Most questions I ever considered posting I could usually find the answers too, this time its not going to be that easy. Aussie about to move to Kenya for humanitarian work having taken a year off to get commercial FAA helicopter licence, instrument rating and hopefully by the time I leave private fixed wing.
Have found contacts to continue helicopter flying to keep skills in and build hours, but can't find any current info on fixed wing training and rental for Nairobi, East Africa Aero Club didn't answer e-mail, all other links found long dead, and KCAA web-site problematic. Any current contacts on fixed wing and helicopter training/rental would be much appreciated?
Thanks,
Jay.

Solid Rust Twotter
3rd Apr 2008, 04:48
You'll find everything you require by leaning up against the bar at the Aero Club of East Africa at Wilson Airport and asking the same questions. Pegasus Aviation is right next door last I was there (if the beer fumes haven't rotted my brain) and a number of other operators and school representatives are to be found there with noses in a glass of beer most evenings.

For online information, I'm sure one of them will sniff around here, spot this and help you out.

Good luck and enjoy your time there.:ok:

rotorgirl
3rd Apr 2008, 07:09
Hi Jay, I moved to Kenya with my FAA licenses in Oct 07. I fly helicopters and can point you in the right direction in that regard. Not involved much in fixed wing but as you read above, you can find all your answer over at the aeroclub at wilson airport. Do you have ATP or just FAA CPL? I can share with you what I had to go through to convert my FAA CPL - Just PM me.