PDA

View Full Version : So, whats the catch....?

theoharis
2nd Apr 2008, 16:31
For a while now I know, like most of you, that CATS offers a full time GS for 999 UK pounds while other schools the same for about 2700 UK pounds.
Is there a catch there, somewhere and is it good enough school?

Greg2041
2nd Apr 2008, 16:41
Just started there myself on the PPL/ATPL course. The catch? Hmmm. Didn't find it. I'm pretty meticulous when it comes to researching ATPL groundschools and I can't find any other school so reasonably priced. The on-line notes are good and the question-bank is free. Pay a visit and see for yourself. Enjoy!

CY333
2nd Apr 2008, 16:47
As you are talking about this I have been wondering also.
Does the price include books or only an online type notes?

coodem
2nd Apr 2008, 17:32
I am with them at the moment, taking the last 3 exams next week. There were no hidden costs, You just pay the CAA for each exam you take currently £63. No school I know of has this included in the price

If you take the £999 package, you get 3 x 1 week brush up in house sessions, they are run once a month, on a rolling basis. So 1 month is stage 1, next stage, ect, ect. Only online access is included, if you want the physical books, they can be bought for £500 from CATs. Most people find the online perfect. But others feel more comfortable studying the old fashion way.

Does not matter where you go to do the theory, you get to take the same exams as everyone else. So why pay anymore than you should. Use the extra money for private tutor, extra books, but I doubt you will need it, I'm spending mine on some extra hours flying

theoharis
2nd Apr 2008, 17:44
So i guess the 999 deal is for Long Distance.
I have checked the site and I understood that the full time is about 2500.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Is the full time done also is 3 phases?
Any feedback from previous students on the full time GS would be most appreciated.

maxdrypower
2nd Apr 2008, 17:52
yeh you will find 999 that is DL. >2000 is the norm for full time

CY333
2nd Apr 2008, 17:53
I was about to ask that to.
Thanks for clearing that out.

theoharis
2nd Apr 2008, 17:55
Yes thanks also as i started the topic.
Hope I get that feedback from previous students.
Thanks to all.

neil_1821
2nd Apr 2008, 18:00
I went to CATS on the full time learning, overall i'd go there again as there arn't too many ways into the airline and i have to sit down and be told what to learn otherwise i get distracted especially at my age.

If you want to know full details you can pm me as i'll probably blubber on about nothing :ok:

coodem
2nd Apr 2008, 18:23
I started DL, ad changed to In house. There were no penalty charges, I just paid the difference, which I thought was brilliant, 5 months after changing I will be all done with 1st time passé's, assuming I have no problems with the las 3 exams. Touch wood I am very confident about those as well.