PDA

View Full Version : Aerodrome Movements - Movement Records

Jamie-Southend
2nd Apr 2008, 15:39
I was going to post this in the ATC section but was a little worried of being "shot down" by the Mods, and bumped on.

So i have posted it here in a hope that someone maybe able to answer the following ...

Do daily GA movement records excist for specific aerodromes and if so how long are they kept.

I know that may sound a little vague but i am trying to locate a date for a particular flight from SEN to another UK GA field. I know the aircraft type, and pilots details, but need a more precise date, including times of arrival and departure.

Also it was around 30 years ago so no pressure.:rolleyes:

Thanks

Jamie

Hyperborean
2nd Apr 2008, 18:18
Most airfields I've worked at keep (or kept) all movement records for 7 years and then dispose of them. There is a requirement for records to be available to customs among other reasons. Thereafter policy varies, some destroy all records, some archive a proportion and others offer them to local authority archives. So 30 year old records may be a problem. I would suggest trying the airfield first bearing in mind you may have use FOI. If they have destroyed the records you have little chance, however if they have gone to the local archive then you should be able to search for yourself. Bear in mind that local archives may only have retained what the archivist thought was historically valuable so again you might reach a dead end. Best of luck.

paulc
3rd Apr 2008, 05:39
You could also try and find out if there are any enthusiast groups in the area you are interested in. If it is like the group I belong to then it will have members who go back that far.