PDA

View Full Version : Amusing Easy Jet Flight From Alicante

strake
2nd Apr 2008, 09:58
After a well deserved break in the sun, Mrs Strake and I returned to Stansted with Easy. I have to say I found the service and crew to be really good but some of the passengers......what a vicious, small-minded group of nasties..

There seems to be a "type". They are late 50's to mid 60's, apartment in one of the multitude of condo's springing up. You know the type....Daily Mail readers.

Problem started because we were about 30 mins late...moan, moan, moan. Then we did the priority queue thing and a particularly evil old woman infront of us started to complain about the wheelchairs being allowed on first. She was so incensed that she was craning her neck out of the terminal door where we were corralled so she could triumphantly proclaim that "..the invalids are walking up the stairs.." Once the starting gate opened, she was off like a hare running to the steps, elbows out, no prisoners especially women or children.
On board, we had a really friendly cabin crew but this lot were having none of it. "Late..LATE!!" "WHY??" Cringingly and continuously rude. The crew dealt with it all professionally as the Darby and Joans poured wine and beer down their throats moaning away.
At this point, the husband of a couple with kids we had chatted to in the terminal said quite loudly that although it was annoying to be late, for £5 return, he didn't really mind.
Well, suddenly it went a bit quiet. Then a muttering started. I'd paid about £150 and it seemed that others around had done the same. Then the first comment.."Did you hear that?" He only paid £5.." and so on. Next minute a core group were asking him how he paid so little.

"It's simple" he said. "Easy Jet have to offer low fares on all routes by law but there is no regulation as to when they have to do it". "However, I find that if you log on between 3 to 5am about five days before you travel, that's when the low fares appear...works every time for us."

Beautifully delivered, completely dead-pan and very believeable. I'd just love to know how many of those people will deservedlyfall for it...:E:E

Farmer 1
2nd Apr 2008, 12:52
if you log on between 3 to 5am about five days before you travel

I'll have to try that.

Goldilocks95
2nd Apr 2008, 22:23
£5 a few days before.....im sorry but thats the funniest thing ive heard for a while! more like 100 times that iftheres only 1 seat left!:D

now u see why alicante is called chav land......ooops i may have just let the cat out of the bag :ugh:oh well!

FHA
3rd Apr 2008, 05:48
Good post. This reminds me how lucky I am to be working with machines.
On last night's Alicante to my base, one of the passengers working their way through a packet of chewing gum had discarded each chewed piece at their feet and trodden it in: carpet totally trashed. Classy. :D

GANNET FAN
3rd Apr 2008, 08:28
"There seems to be a "type".......... You know the type....Daily Mail readers"

Good morning Strake, nothing bigoted about you then??

TotalBeginner
3rd Apr 2008, 11:02
Oh yes, those delightful Chavicante passengers! :yuk:

angels
3rd Apr 2008, 11:58
Gannet - I think you've been reeled in there.....

What I find bemusing is that these people who emigrate moan about immigrants who come to the U.K.....

Then when they fly back they demonstrate all the behaviour they say has caused them to emigrate in the first place.

strake
3rd Apr 2008, 12:26
<"There seems to be a "type".......... You know the type....Daily Mail readers"

Good morning Strake, nothing bigoted about you then?? >

OK, I'll admit it....I plead guilty to newspaper-ism :ok: