PDA

View Full Version : IR with Wolverhampton Flight Centre

Epic_mg
1st Apr 2008, 20:32
Hello all,

Im considering enrolling onto an IR course with Wolverhampton Flight Centre and would really appreciate any feedback on their training, aircraft, the IR course they provide and an average time scale their getting students through at.

Cheers guys,

Epic_mg

Currymonster
1st Apr 2008, 20:42
I did my ME/IR with The Flight Centre last year, finished it ahead of schedule and the quality of instruction was excellent. The aircraft (DA42)is in excellent condition and I would thoroughly recommend you pay them a visit. I have no regrets about going there. Also did MCC there which again was superb..

madlandrover
1st Apr 2008, 22:10
+ 1 on that. The DA42 fleet (2 extras being leased in at the moment) is standardised, so no need to worry about different avionics across a fleet. Availability is pretty good as long as you're willing to do it as an intensive course, and the quality of instruction is first rate. The pass rate of people with minimum hours speaks for itself...

potkettleblack
2nd Apr 2008, 07:05
Just to play devils advocate....But if your aim is to get a commercial job after your IR then would you not be better considering one of the schools that is affiliated to someone like Flybe that have a history of taking on wannabes? There are loads of posts here on pprune about Flybe affiliating themselves with at least 3 FTO's that I can recall in the past 6 months.

Currymonster
2nd Apr 2008, 08:49
potkettle... no offence mate but I know of quite a few who have trained at The Flight Centre and are in jobs.... dont be fooled by "big schools" and marketing crap

jxc
2nd Apr 2008, 16:14
Does anyone know what there website is as the one google comes up with does not work

cheers

JXC

Wilton Shagpile
2nd Apr 2008, 16:25
I had a look - you're right. That normally means that it has gone away.

Surely not??

pilotpaul
2nd Apr 2008, 19:07
Hi all,

Sorry about the website, we are having it updated and our domain hosts have made a small error. We should be back up in the next few days.

In meantime feel free to call on 01384 221456.

Paul

LH2
3rd Apr 2008, 07:34
Keep in mind your e-mail is also out of play. Your hosting provider should be able to sort that out immediately if you ask them.

OneIn60rule
3rd Apr 2008, 09:42
Internet wise is still acting in your area, Paul.

Anyway I can say Wolverhampton is good for the IR. AS for the FTO thing FLYBE it does not matter. Just get your MEIR done at a reasonable price and at a fair place.

pilotpaul
3rd Apr 2008, 10:01
Yes I’m also aware of e-mails, updated DNS records have yet propagated out into the web.

Sorry about the c*ckup!

Currymonster
3rd Apr 2008, 10:16
propogated eh Paul!! you been swallowing a dictionary for breakfast!!

pilotpaul
3rd Apr 2008, 10:49
I took it word for word from my IT guys.... did it sound like I knew what I was doing?

:8

potkettleblack
3rd Apr 2008, 14:04
potkettle... no offence mate but I know of quite a few who have trained at The Flight Centre and are in jobs.... dont be fooled by "big schools" and marketing crap

None taken. You seem to be implying that this school now has links to the airlines? If so that is great and perhaps you could post all about it to the benefit of all those wannabes in the pipeline. If they don't then I wouldn't read much into the fact that guys are getting jobs after going there. People get jobs from every school.

When I got my first airline job in the RHS of an A320 my school wanted to throw me up on their website. Fact was that none of the 50 or more guys and gals advertised on their website ever had any direct assistance in getting a job from the FTO. Sure we got great training but as always it was a combination of luck, nouse, inside contacts, good CV, personal presentation, showing aptitude, timing and of course passing interviews, a sim ride and other tests along the way.

Now if you could go to a school (small ones not the big ones with marketing hype you refer to) which guarantees to put forward x number of CV's per month to an airline like Flybe AND you can find out what hoops you will need to jump through then that means a hell of a lot more to me. Probing questions is what needs to be asked.

PA28pilot
3rd Apr 2008, 17:19
We should be back up in the next few days.

Shouldn't that read 'two weeks'? :E

cessnagirl
7th Apr 2008, 17:26
Does anybody know of any approved FTO in UK, which can conduct a Multi Engine Instrument Rating Renewal in a fairly economical and timely manner, for someone whose ratings have expired? Myself and a few friends' are currently in this predicament. Any advice usefull or constructive would be appreciated.

moggiee
7th Apr 2008, 21:27
Which sort of aeroplane do you want to use? A conventional one such as a Seneca or a more sophisticated one such as a DA42?

When do/did the ratings expire?

moggiee
7th Apr 2008, 21:30
+ 1 on that. The DA42 fleet (2 extras being leased in at the moment) is standardised, so no need to worry about different avionics across a fleet. Availability is pretty good as long as you're willing to do it as an intensive course, and the quality of instruction is first rate. The pass rate of people with minimum hours speaks for itself...

The last 4 IR tests (taken over the last week) have produced 3 first time passes and a partial - not bad by any standards.

bajadj
8th Apr 2008, 16:34
I've been debating on which school to do my cpl/ir with for months. Seems i may have found the answer!!

OneIn60rule
9th Apr 2008, 12:34
Halfpennygreen flight centre. It's on a DA42 *at least I think I recall that being the case*. *Wolverhampton*

AFT does renewals as well. *Coventry*

Aeros I would hazard a guess does renewals too. *Gloucester*

That's all I can come up with.