PDA

View Full Version : Jet fuel supply

EESDL
1st Apr 2008, 20:29
It's that time of the year again when we review fuel suppliers.....
Would appreciate suggestions for Jet A fuel suppliers to deliver in north of England.
Min Quantity approx 20,000Litres into approved static bunded tank
Thank you in advance

Bravo73
1st Apr 2008, 20:35
There is a company advertising in this week's Helidata (http://www.helidata.rotor.com/forsale.htm) who might be of interest.

From their website: "'Company X' was established in 2005 with the main aim of supplying fuel to private aircraft owners and small airfields who could not take the minimum load from the large oil companies."

But I don't think that I'm allowed to post a direct link to the company. :O

HTH

EESDL
1st Apr 2008, 20:40
Thanks but I think we are already using them.................
Looking for company whose min-quantity is 20k - thereby maximising economy and primary reason for buying a large tank.
No complaints with current supplier but have to review prices

finals09
2nd Apr 2008, 16:19
Have a better solution for you next time, 15k delivered in artic for a few pence less !! not much less though, fuel up again this month.

FloaterNorthWest
2nd Apr 2008, 19:06
Finals09,

Is there a special on at the moment?

I need to speak to you about a vertical bulk fuel installation. I tried ringing but got no answer.

RC

VfrpilotPB/2
2nd Apr 2008, 20:24
Good evening Rotorheads,

I have a tank with about 5/6000ltrs JetA1, this wont be used for about another 6/8 months due to some alterations taking place, The tank is perfect made from Stainless, total waterproof and fully bunded, all pipework is Stainless and pumps and reels are less than 18 months old, 14000ltrs were added in September last year, BUT.. How long does Jet A1 stay viable and able to be used, somewhere in the past I seem to remember some one told me Jet AI becomes not safe after 6 months, can anyone pass further comment, I dont want to trespass on the thread but thought this may also be added interest on this thread?

VfrpilotPB/2

Peter R-B

r44hopeful
4th Apr 2008, 13:26
yes vfr i had also heard this but i also heard that if it is regulary aggitated it would be ok.

EESDL
4th Apr 2008, 15:45
I suppose you could call it MOGAS - that would get my back up!!

ShyTorque
4th Apr 2008, 21:26
VFRBP,

I'll have 10 litres for cleaning my car and bike engines, if that's any good to you... ;)

Mixed with a small dose of cheap engine oil or ATF (as a fuel pump lube) it'll safely power diesel ground equipment.... or oil fired heating. Obviously, not legal for road use... :oh:

Failing that - if you can't sell it, I guess you'll be offering free heli refuels from now on, just to get rid!

VfrpilotPB/2
5th Apr 2008, 17:37
Now chaps, not quiet free as yet, need the definitive answer first then look at what can be done with it, I know from past experience that it will run any Diesel powered engine Turbo or not but needs to be mixed at a rate of 60% good oily Derv with the quicker lighting stuff being the 40% !

VfrpilotPB/2
Peter R-B