PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel Instructor Required

jellycopter
1st Apr 2008, 17:02
PB

Send me a PM; I may be able to help out.

JJ

nigelh
1st Apr 2008, 18:30
JJ did mine and look how i turned out :eek:

but seriously nobody better to teach you all the little things you may not learn from others. You will be a better pilot for it :ok:

biggles99
1st Apr 2008, 19:50
yep,

JJ VG

Big Ls

oldbeefer
1st Apr 2008, 20:20
As an ex CFS Examiner, JJ has my vote.

ShyTorque
1st Apr 2008, 23:22
Oldbeefer, I thought you could already fly them? Don't tell me you're getting forgetful, like me? ;)

oldbeefer
2nd Apr 2008, 09:14
ST - me, getting forgetful? Sadly, yes! (the other half would say I always was).

md 600 driver
2nd Apr 2008, 09:28
i will vote for JJ too

ShyTorque
2nd Apr 2008, 11:55
So will I, for he was very well taught as a lad. :)

jellycopter
2nd Apr 2008, 17:02
Such kind words........you must have me mistaken for somebody else!

While we're in a mood for complements, you don't look old enough to have taught me as a lad ST:yuk: But then since I turned forty, my eyesight is failing a bit.

JJ

ShyTorque
2nd Apr 2008, 19:38
Yeh, my eyesight's as bad as the memory.

Who are you, again? ;)

jayteeto
2nd Apr 2008, 19:42
Hi JJ, you still hold the record for my most exciting EOL in a Gazelle at Tern Hill, worst thing was, I was the captain!! Remember that one??? :ooh:

jellycopter
2nd Apr 2008, 20:25
JT

Was that the CA technique where I thought it was a good idea to suggest you wait til you get **** scared before you pulled in the lever? Trouble was, after the fourth or fifth your '**** scared threshold' adjusted downwards. (XZ931, 25 July 1995 - indellibly etched)

Or was it some other equally stupid stunt I've been rightly accused of? There have been so many........

JJ

PS. I thought my quickstop in the Squirrel at the end of the Navex at Helimeet 2000 was a bit memorable too:eek:

jayteeto
2nd Apr 2008, 21:10
Right date and aircraft, we were doing precision landing EOLs that I was cheating by sliding the helicopter onto a spot. For those curious people out there the conversation went something like...... "John, let me show you a better way to land on the spot"............. We did, vertically from 20'....

The quickstop at the helimeet was some of the best flying I have ever seen, when a precision landing time was required to get extra points. I was navigator counting down the clock and it was obvious with the distance to go we were going to be late..... only we were not late :ooh: Can't have been that bad, we didn't get banned and we won the competition by a shedfull of points :ok:

Pennine Boy, use this man, a totally professional talented instructor, just remember to check if he turns the battery off at cease flying......

jellycopter
2nd Apr 2008, 21:18
to quote a famous punch line "you shag one sheep......."

The Nr Fairy
3rd Apr 2008, 02:54
". . . and you're addicted" ?

THM
6th Apr 2008, 15:29
JJ

I remember it well as a judge at the end of the precision landing, my jaw took a while to come back up from the ground.

Also remember a few other Positive moments at the odd World Championship too (don’t mention Aigen….).

JTobias
6th Apr 2008, 19:21
O.K. Boys and Girls enough is enough.

We all know JJ is a pretty decent pilot, but I do wish he would stop putting his hand on my knee every time we practise EOL's.

;)

JT

jellycopter
6th Apr 2008, 21:07
JT(obias). What have I told you about telling tales out of school......? I was only trying to lock the inertia reel on your harness to stop you throwing yourself out of your seat with your over-controlling! Then I realised you didn't bother to fasten it! (Thread creep ;) )

THM. Happy times.........