PDA

View Full Version : New Nationwide and Comair Aircraft?

LittleMo
1st Apr 2008, 10:58
Heard some crew bus talk that Comair are getting B738's and they're offloading the B733's to Nationwide as part of Mr. Naidoo's 'new' fleet. Anyone else heard a similar rumor or know any actual facts on whats happening to the fleets at Comair and CE?

Apprently Comair are making huge $$ using the leased B738's so maybe it's not so far fetched?

grjplanes
1st Apr 2008, 12:01
Read somewhere a while ago that Ryanair is selling off about 20 of their first 737-800s...so maybe from there, would have a lot of cycles on them already though.

four engine jock
1st Apr 2008, 12:44
Dont If that will happen now. Talk on the street is the deal is OFF.
Hope its just Talk!!!!

LittleMo
1st Apr 2008, 12:48
the Ryanair deal or the CE/Comair one? 4 engine: can u shed any light on what the deal entailed exactly?

Plore
1st Apr 2008, 14:32
Heard a big rumour about nationwide. Theres aparently a deal on the table (not signed yet) that will sell 51% to a BEE partner (the ANC). The cash will be fronted by some Arabian, as well as 25 aircraft (dont know weather its narrow- or wide-bodies). I'm guessing the Arab will not make such an big investment if he doesnt have a big say in matters so dont know who will really be in controll, the Arab or the ANC. According to the rumour there's going to be massive increases for the staff aswell.

With such a increase of aircraft in their fleet they could very well be our next national carrier (depending what aircraft they might be getting ofcourse). If the increases for the techs also come through SAA would really have to put in a hellava effort to keep the few people they have. Nationwide already pays better than SAA (from what I've heard).

Thats if the rumour is true ofcourse. Maybe somebody here knows more about it?

Deltad
1st Apr 2008, 15:09
Today being the 1st of April says it all....

Shrike200
1st Apr 2008, 20:54
Yeah, didn't you guys hear that Nationwide is actually the launch customer for the 787? ;)

Cable Tie
2nd Apr 2008, 03:27
I heard that Nationwide are getting +-six B733 from KLM. The B735 are being sold / returned and some of the B732 are for sale.

grjplanes
2nd Apr 2008, 10:02
Well it could have been an Aprilfools joke, but kind of lame, because it's not that far-fetched...possible...and infact quite a good idea i think.
Wasn't the Transavia 738 only suppose to help out untill end of March. It was scheduled to do it's last GRJ flight on Sunday 30 March, but they kept it was still flying the route the last 2 days.
For the short-term it might be good for Nationwide to get a few 733s, to replace 732s.