PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Training From Zero Hours

Greg2041
1st Apr 2008, 10:33
I am hoping to treat my brother to a trial helicopter lesson and would be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction of any suitable training venues in the Essex area. I suspect that he will want to carry on the training to CPL level so a professional outfit would be preferred.

Many thanks

Greg

Whirlygig
1st Apr 2008, 12:05
Probably a better question to ask on Rotorheads!

Off the top of my head, your best bet would be Aeromega at Stapleford as they do all the training to CPL and type ratings.

However, the progression of helicopter training is quite different to fixed wing and very few do it integrated; I don't know any schools in the UK who do now (may Cabair??) so training up to CPL would be modular, in which case the CPL part could be done anywhere.

Cheers

Whirls

Greg2041
1st Apr 2008, 12:34
Oops. Found Rotoheads and will ask on there. Stapleford looks good though!

Greg

jb2_86_uk
1st Apr 2008, 12:50
Cabair do do an integrated course, in fact the chap who was on his assessment day at the same time as me was going for the chopper integrated course.

I dont know any of the specifics though as it is not something I have looked into in any depth.

JB

pilotmike
1st Apr 2008, 17:51
Unless things have changed recently, you won't find any ab-initio Helicopter training at Stapleford, despite Aeromega having a commercial set-up there.

Instead, you could try Aeromega at Cambridge, or there is a helicopter school now operating at Southend.

PM

Greg2041
1st Apr 2008, 21:30
Thanks Mike. Anything going on at Cranfield?

Whirlygig
1st Apr 2008, 21:35
Patriot Aviation are at Cranfield.

Cheers

Whirls