PDA

View Full Version : Changi - moving between terminals

abL1011
31st Mar 2008, 18:15
I'll be a transit passenger at Changi in a few weeks time.

I'll be arriving and departing from Terminal 1.

Since I have almost 4 hours there, I'd like to have a wander around and take a look at Terminals 2 & 3, since I believe it is quite an impressive airport. Will I be able to do this whilst staying airside, or will I encounter problems due to my onward flight being from the terminal I arrive at.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Merlinrabbi
31st Mar 2008, 20:35
Yes.

You can walk between terminal 1 and terminal 2, but if you want to go to terminal 3, you will have to take the "skytrain" from either terminal 1 or 2.

dbdarrington
20th Apr 2008, 05:43
Airside you can take the skytrain or you can walk between both terminals (including terminal 3) - terminal 1 is a good place to be because its between 2 and 3 so you can get to both pretty easily.
Landside can only take skytrain, probably could walk if you don't mind going outside :)

9v-SKA
20th Apr 2008, 13:22
Try the Changi Airport's website at www.changiairport.com.sg.
There is the skytrain and you can also walk airside. For Landside, its possible to walk too but there is also the skytrain.

abL1011
21st Apr 2008, 11:16
:ok: Thanks for the replies, you've answered my question. Looking forward to my visit.

abL1011

bsmasher
21st Apr 2008, 11:36
If you go outside make sure you have suitable docs to get back in.

When I tried it I only had the boarding pass stub for the whole flight and they were not happy in letting me back past security with just it. ( Not helped by the fact the BP was dated the day before)

In the end someone from the airline had to look me up in the system and then give the nod to the security gorillas on duty.

D.