PDA

View Full Version : North-Bound Atlantic traffic (Borders)

JetA1egpf
29th Mar 2008, 15:38
Hi, I'm located in Central Scotland and monitor North Atlantic Aircraft on my computer, with the help of a 'Live Radar' disc bought on ebay (xlnt).

Does anyone know the frequencies used for this traffic as they route between Manchester and DCS. Also routing towards NCL from the North Sea before they reach Scotland.

I suddenly hear them on 135.85 / 132.725 etc, but i want to catch them a little earlier as they approach the Borders.

:ugh:
Thanx

Suzeman
30th Mar 2008, 20:23
North of Manchester they usually use 135.525. Not sure what is in use if they come from the NCL direction.

Suzeman

JetA1egpf
31st Mar 2008, 12:11
Thanks Suzeman for your reply, i think 135.525 is for Southbound only? I cant seem 2 get them coming Northbound.

Suzeman
31st Mar 2008, 13:10
Negative.

Aircraft routing North from POLE HILL direction to TALLA or MARGO change from the London frequency to Scottish 135.525 at or abeam POLE HILL Pole Hill is near Todmorden - so NE from Manchester and East of Bradford

Never hear Southbound on Scottish as they change to London frequencies in the Dean Cross area

Suzeman

scamptonboy
31st Mar 2008, 13:16
JetA1egpf

As the Atlantic crossers meander their way westwards from the Netherlands they are on 126.780 and if routing via Newcastle, London ATC transfer them to Scottish on 126.925 as they head up the coast heading Northwest (approtimateley abeam) Ottringham (Hull area) for the transit up to and I presume beyond Newcastle VOR

I hope this helps

Scamps

JetA1egpf
31st Mar 2008, 21:10
Thanks for your help you guys, i will have a listen! :ok:

smuff2000
1st Apr 2008, 10:15
Scamptonboy

Would be interested to know what the southbound / eastbound frequencies are as I live just south of you in Bourne and regularly see a lot of early morning transatlantic flights into Europe.

scamptonboy
1st Apr 2008, 11:14
Smuff2000

Dependant on flight levels and manning at Swanick, they tend to do a few things.

They sometimes dopplegang frequencies together or split them individually when its busy. I havn't got all the details with me right now but off the top of my head this tends to be a rule of thumb.

All the transatlantic high level stuff and Dublin heading east to Amsterdam, Frankfurt so on so forth checks in west of Lincoln on 126.780, during summer months between 5-8am it can be pretty busy. This stuff routes easterly in the vacinity of lincoln and then out towards skeggness and as you say passes nearby your location as well.

Traffic climbing on departure eastbound to Europe from Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds etc etc will check in on 128.125 and again as a rule of thumb this checks in just to the west of lincoln or abeam depending on a/c performance in the climb. However sometimes as mentioned they dopplegang the two frequencies 128.125 & 126.780 together so it gets a little bit more hectic.

If you mean southbound from Newcastle / Teeside? This traffic depending on how busy it is, can run parralel along the coast heading approx 130 - 150 degrees and then turn left at various points near skegness, or if its not busy it can be turned much earlier and avoid overland lincolnshire as a whole. Then the same rule of thumb applies with the frequencies depending again on a/c height, but I'd say the majority by that stage are high enough to be on 126.780.

I hope this helps you?
I regularly sit on 126.780 like last nite and eyballed Air Force One and a VC23 on thier way to somewhere in the continent.

Best wishes

Scamps

smuff2000
1st Apr 2008, 15:32
Thanks for that, next time I get a clear day and I am allowed by SWMBO I will get the scanner on those 2 frequencies.

Paul

Mr Mac
3rd Apr 2008, 07:12
I do not know if any body can help but I live about 2 miles from the Pole Gate mast(nr Slaithwaite / Huddersfield) and have often wondered where the high level traffic is heading, apart from the obviouse Scottish traffic. There appears to be a lot of E/W traffic, which I believe is headed for Europe / Atlantic as well as larger aircraft on N/S axis. Any info please.