PDA

View Full Version : BCFT vs Cabair....help

theoharis
29th Mar 2008, 12:04
Hi all.
thanks for putting up these forum to help each other.
Just done with my PPL and want to go for the GS.
I am between the two schools above.
Cabair sound good with splitting the course in three but as I see there are no bad words for BCFT.
Please help me out here.
Thnaks you in advance

maxdrypower
29th Mar 2008, 15:24
There are many threads running about both these schools do a search and read up. This is why you have had few replies.
Visit both and see what suits you best .
But form personal experience instructiors and students at BCFT excellent helpful and no bad words said . Cabair good instructors , much bigger class sizes and two students actually pulled me to one side and warned me off going as they said it was crap.
Cant elaborate further .
This is personal information given to me PERSONALLY and I am only reporting what I was told at the time

HappyFran
30th Mar 2008, 19:39
Visit both school and form your own opinion ( they are within 100m) of each other.
Almost no one will have been to both schools to actually study. I visited both schools and choose BCFT, that was my personal choice which I do not regret.
But it is a very personal choice for everyone, both schools have reputations that are well discussed on pprune.
The only definate fact is that BCFT and probably Cabair ground schools are very well subscibed if not actually full currently.:ooh::ooh:.

An eyes wide open / chat alot visit to both will make your choice easier

Good Luck :ok::ok:

expedite08
31st Mar 2008, 16:55
BCFT are not bad on the training front. They do seem to forget you are the customer though and get a bit pushy. Quite a few young guys there who I noticed during my time, on the 'jet line course' sitting around not doing a lot. My personal opinion is that if I am going to spend thousands on a course of training you would expect 100% from the provider with a structured programme and no sitting around twiddling thumbs etc. HOWEVER, as an outfit they are clued up and if your local to them, you cant really go wrong. I can not pass judgement on Cabair, PAT are worth a look though.