PDA

View Full Version : FOOL

Gulfstreamaviator
28th Mar 2008, 13:27
Dont get upset, I was so impressed with the handling, the turnround, and the airport ground access, that I wish to suggest the best tech stop in west africa coastal area.

down side 1: mothers of thunderstorms.

down side 2: level 2 english control on late shift.

ps FOOL = Libreville.

gfl

WhinerLiner
28th Mar 2008, 13:42
downside 3: Fuel price is very high

downside 4: Fees are equally unreasonable

Gooneybird
28th Mar 2008, 14:37
Never been to FOOL but found FOOG different. Very friendly staff... completely inefficient. Wasted 45 minutes there running to get police stamp on the other side of the apron only to establish that the police had retired to a bar in town. Then staff not able to use computerized software designed for 'quick easy' handling. Like I said though, nice friendly staff, which for West Africa is a bonus not to be sniffed at.

rakoto
28th Mar 2008, 18:41
Tech Stop in West Africa : consider Sao Tome FPST.
Efficient friendly airport staff, good hotel 5 min from airport. Nice place for vacations as well ... may be the one and only in the region ...:ok:
Rakoto

Gulfstreamaviator
28th Mar 2008, 21:04
Only if you bring spare set of dunlops.

The last time I was there the toilet service was a DUMP, on the edge of the apron.

FOOL, the fuel was not that expensive, and the handling fees were quite reasonable.

The handler collected from Le Meridien, and drove to the aircraft steps. NO security, or problems at all.

glf

4144r
30th Mar 2008, 09:44
Hi all,
Consider DBBB/COO, very cheap JETA1 (353 FrancsCFA/1liter) standart fees (asecna) good services on ground and Sheraton hotel on the beach 5 minutes from the airport.
If you need something, just pm me
Safe landing:cool:

GULF69
31st Mar 2008, 11:01
We have used DGAA // Accra a few times without any hassles.

SpootNICK
1st Apr 2008, 13:31
Been to most of the big West African Airports, and Accra must be pretty high on the list of effiecient airports. Radar controllers are pretty good, ground staff are proffessional (relatively speaking of course). And the golden tulip is always full of hosties from EK, AF, KLM and BA. :E

jnignon
2nd Apr 2008, 06:10
"Consider DBBB/COO, very cheap JETA1 (353 FrancsCFA/1liter) standart fees (asecna)"

Whoa!! very cheap indeed. At this price, I wonder why air travel in africa is still so expensive :confused:

4144r
2nd Apr 2008, 18:02
Hi Jnignon,
You should 'know that the price for a ticket depend of conpetition.
Good example: Cotonou-Casablanca-Paris (7h)is really cheaper than Cotonou-Casablanca (4h30)!!!!:ok:

jnignon
2nd Apr 2008, 22:01
I guess you'r right. But I'm still hoping that one day the cost of air fare in Africa becomes more affordable to people. You see, in africa when you want to travel, let say from Lagos to Kinshasa, you have no choice but to fly because there is, to best of me knowledge, no rail link and dont even try to do it by road. Can you imagine how good it would be for business if it was affordable for the everyday people. And also the increase in air travel it will generate and all the benefit that come with that.
Oh well, just a wish. I guess our leaders have other priorities in mind:sad: