PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Helicopter options

Hobscotch
28th Mar 2008, 08:42
My wife and I are living in South Africa, she's swiss and I have a EU passport, we're both fed up with the government here and are moving to swizterland. I am a Airforce helicopter pilot with Super Puma and Super Lynx PIC experience however it is low time, we're talking 500 Hrs command (H) 900 hrs total (H) and 1700 hrs total. I am instructor qualified and have experience on the PC 7:oh:. I have a South African CAA CPL (H)IR. I have two questions: Will i need to start from scratch to obtain a JAA CPL (H) or could I get an excemption for some of the subjects(Has anyone had any experience with this. Does anyone have a better idea than I have of what job options i could expect with this experience.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Brilliant Stuff
28th Mar 2008, 09:15
Try asking here (http://www.heliforum.ch/bbforum/index.php) they should know I would have thought. Good luck with it all.:ok:

tecpilot
28th Mar 2008, 11:12
Switzerland is now a JAA member with JAR FCL 2. Be prepared for a full conversation process.

As a lowtimer for swiss conditions, without common typeratings and especially without high mountain experience with the lacking special swiss mountain rating you will have very bad chances to get a job. Are you able to speak one of the swiss official languages? If not forget it. There are a lot of born swiss pilots around the globe still waiting for a little chance to come back home. The helimarket in Switzerland is high professional but very small. Sorry!