PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment Agencies

902Jon
27th Mar 2008, 14:51
The use of the above for advertising of jobs seems to be getting more & more common. Are there any particular reasons (apart from some small companies not having their own HR dept). It is not that I am bothered about responding to non-aviation organisations, but there does appear to be a lack of information related to the jobs (Where based? / What Roster? / Which Company? etc etc). There seems to be a reluctance to give information before someone applies for a position.

Can anybody enlighten me?

skidbiter2
27th Mar 2008, 16:12
Money making venture is the only thing I can say, I would never go through one, doesn't seem right, you will want to know as much about the company as they will want to know about you.
And I assume they will be taking a cut of your wages? I may be way off track, but would much rather speak to or go see a potential employer.

R22 HEAVY
29th Mar 2008, 20:35
I have applied in the past for a number of posts through agencies and if you really push them they will give you a little more information, namely that they are working on behalf of PremiAir or PAS. PremiAir and PAS of recent have gone to using agencies, god knows why as it costs them a small fortune.

The question begs if PremiAir or PAS are unable to locate suitable applicants by advertising direct with the likes of Flight International, why do they feel the agancies are going to have any more luck.

At least if you go direct to PAS or PremiAir your more likely to get at least a response.

I hasten to add not all agencies are working on behalf of the afore mentioned.

Best of luck with your endeavours.

Bravo73
30th Mar 2008, 00:38
The question begs if PremiAir or PAS are unable to locate suitable applicants by advertising direct with the likes of Flight International, why do they feel the agancies are going to have any more luck.

The agency might be more willing to 'headhunt' directly from the competition.