View Full Version : Multiflight

Put1992
27th Mar 2008, 11:29
Any experience or knowledge about them?

Thanks

Put

flightlevel1985
27th Mar 2008, 12:04
Try typing it into the search bar. There was plenty of views last time I looked at them.

flightlevel1985
27th Mar 2008, 12:12
The thing that put me off Multi Flight was the weather at LBA. For me, I didnt feel that the infamous crosswinds and fog would be suitable weather for CPL training. But I am sure that there are others on here who would argue otherwise...

Leezyjet
27th Mar 2008, 17:40
Thing that put me off Multiflight was the incompetance of them when I tried to book a check flight with them and the fact they let me start the check flight but failed to tell me I didn't have enough time to complete it before the instructor was going to be taking someone on a £65 trial flight, and non of the other instructors would step in to do the 20 mins of circuits I needed to be able to hire the C172 for the rest of the day that would have brought them several hundred pounds as they too were more concerned about the trial flights than someone who was about to spend a lot of money with them.

This was after they spent best part of an hour of my check out time "umming and arghing" over whether an ICAO ppl was valid in the UK even after consulting LASORS !!!.

This not only lost them several hundred pounds that day, but also £30k from my taking my business for the rest of my training elsewhere. I figured if they could not get something this simple right, then I wouldn't chance anything more complicated with them.

A couple of simple questions from the admin people when I was enquiring about the flight in the first place would have saved all the hassle and they might have kept my business.

:hmm:

jodieroscoe
10th Apr 2008, 12:34
I myself havent had the best experience with them! after completing my training in america, I wanted to do some hour building but they were always fully booked and I had to wait ages for a plane to become available.

when the planes finally became availabe I then had to wait over an hour after my lesson was supposed to start for the instructor to turn up. 1 of the instructors were nice but the others were all snobby and not helpful at all. I felt my flying was getting worse not better! I dreaded going flying.

PS. The weather is terrible in LBA!! Ive had over 50% of my flying hrs cancelled in the summer due to ****ty weather!

bri1980
10th Apr 2008, 14:31
My experience with Multiflight was brief, but generally positive. First of all they can't be blamed for the weather at LBA: it's well known about that fog and crosswinds are common. A great place to do your IR many people have said to me!

Also LBA is in Class D airspace so there can be issues with visibility for VFR flights on days that are otherwise perfectly flyable at other airfields.

I did 4 hours of my PPL with them but it took ages: I think the hit rate was 4 hours out of 9 booked (weather etc.). Back then they wouldn't let you book more than one slot on any given day (not sure if this is still the case). Might be different for commerical training.

Also if you are returning to LBA from a flight in rush hour you can end up orbiting for 20 minutes or more waiting for a gap between Flybe and Jet2: I have about an hour of orbit practice in my log book!

The people at Multiflight were always OK with me and the place is nice.