PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield Dispatching School <Break> Jobs in Australia

Raggy
27th Mar 2008, 09:11
I'm very seriously looking at doing the FAA Approved 6 week flight dispatching course at Sheffield. Has anyone completed this course and can let me know what i could expect when doing this course.

Also does anyone know what are the wages for a flight dispatcher in australia and what are the chances of getting a job.

Many Thanks

ASCOT Ops Retd
27th Mar 2008, 20:17
I just made an enquiry to Sheffield - lengthy, polite and intended to be mutually beneficial - asking whether they supported, or planned to support a British military educational scheme that would pay for much of the $6k dispatcher's course. After not receiving a reply for a week or so I e-mailed again, to receive a curt 'sorry - not interested. EM'.

I replied 'Great customer service, Eric' and was subsequently banned from their school. They're either stressed or complacent - not sure which. :hmm:

Mista Uzi
28th Mar 2008, 07:59
If you find any over here let me know. Not much requirement for FAA dispatchers here. Although 20 years experience in the UK has paid off with an airline job. Believe it or not the UK work ethic far outweighs the Australian ethic

silversaab
8th May 2008, 04:04
The FAA course is good - comprehensive and you'll be well-primed to take on a dispatch job here if you get a decent pass.

Problem is it may not put you ahead of the "competition", so you can probably save some money and go do some CPL subjects.

Aus airlines - maybe QF being the exception - seem hell-bent on dumbing down the job and paying peanuts to boot, so think hard before you decide on jumping into what is either a transient or dead end job in this part of the world.

jackdaniels
9th May 2008, 10:27
hey...
just becasue it could be nice to know, IFOD is cheaper than sheffield and is also 5 weeks instead of 6.... I went there, and the course is good with highly competent instructors!!!