PDA

View Full Version : would like feedback on what i should do

steggers
26th Mar 2008, 18:04
At present i'm working for an airline as cabin crew. I'm taking 6 months out in September to do my ATPL theory full-time.

When i return i have got the option to be based out of Bristol and become a Purser for my airline or i could stay at Gatwick and stay as an Assistant Purser.

With this in mind, would it be worth while doing my CPL/IR at a recommended school, ie, Bristol Fying Centre, where as stated above i would also work out of, or it is worth staying at home with my parents along the South coast staying at the same position in the airline i'm currently in and doing the CPL/IR out of Shoreham where i did my PPL? Bearing in mind where i did my PPL will be a differnet school to the CPL/IR if i choose Shoreham Airport?

Any feedback would be great
Many thanks

SkyCamMK
26th Mar 2008, 19:22
At the risk of overstating the obvious you need to do a cost v benefit analysis and only you can know the costs and benefits and the many variables in your own circumstances. However, living at home is cheaper and a less responsible job may make studying easier. Why not get the money in the bank first and study part time over the internet while you learn to make life changing decisions and a bit more about your intended new career? Then you could soar...?