PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Flight Training, advice please

kippax
26th Mar 2008, 16:17
Looking for some advice on Commercial Training in the North of England

Due to finish my ATPL exams next month and currently live in North West. Can anyone recommend a school from past experience or from word of mouth??

Also, is there any protection out there should the school go bust, i.e if I pay on my Visa, will the bank protect me, because I have not received the service I payed for??. (I do not want another Pilot Assist on my hands !!)

Cheers

KP

maxdrypower
26th Mar 2008, 19:13
Ravenair at Liverpool excellent , if they have an IR chap.
Try Flight Academy Blackpool , they either have or shortly will have approval for Cpl/IR training . Thay also have a spanking twinstar and Aztec to play with , give them a ring . Failing that Multiflight at Leeds are reputable

JUST-local
27th Mar 2008, 00:10
You will be lucky if you can start let alone finish CPL & IR in the North West of England, this was certainly the case last year!

The nearest school who advertise and could actually offer the above was at Leeds, the others have either no approvals no instructors and one had no interest!
One of the problems with Leeds is the weather (your MEP and CPL can drag on), the school is busy as is the airport! 20 minutes or so at the holding point on a warm day is no fun.

No one in or near the North west has a complex single for the CPL so you will pay more to fly a twin!

I would get booked in at one of the organised established places, have a look at the popular places - Bristol, Bournmounth, Cranfield and many others.

I could go on but I'm sure you will find out when you phone/visit the schools.

Good luck.