PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't normally post here but....

Diver_Dave
25th Mar 2008, 20:49
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7313541.stm

Probably more Aarse but.....

Considering the few other posts I thought it worthwhile.

Mod's please delete if intrusive/inappropriate.

DaveA

BluntM8
25th Mar 2008, 20:54
That's a travesty. The man has clearly demonstrated his bona fides as a british Citizen and the reaction he gets is to be rejected on a technicality.

I'd swap him for a chav or yob any day!

Blunty.

Jackonicko
25th Mar 2008, 21:26
Got to be worth a Downing Street petition thing, surely?

No less 'deserving' of our interest and action than Gurkhas or statues of New Zealand born air officers, I'd say.

Avitor
25th Mar 2008, 21:33
Probably refused to sign a 'I promise to vote Nu Labour' declaration. Regardless of our government, this man has my respect and thanks.

Whirlygig
25th Mar 2008, 21:41
Truly appalling and nonsensical.

Surely anyone in the Army is on the MoD payroll hence are acting under the order of the Government. So if the Government sends him abroad, what right have the Government to use this as a reason for a citizenship.

And if someone fulfills the requirements for Indefinte Leave to Remain, why not for a passport.

It's a sad fact that many people who apply for citizenship need to mploy the services of a solicitor; I hope this chap can get good advice next time.

Cheers

Whirls

kokpit
25th Mar 2008, 22:17
Yet another travesty of justice (and common sense), where will it all end :(

Riskman
25th Mar 2008, 22:38
This kind of outrageous nitpicking is in the finest traditions of the Home Office:*

PingDit
25th Mar 2008, 22:50
Yep, yet another fine injustice. It being talked about on E-Goat as well. All pretty much of the same opinion.

londonmet
25th Mar 2008, 23:01
And yet this goes ahead.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7313226.stm

Whirlygig
25th Mar 2008, 23:19
The problem with a "foreign" passport in the UK is that travel to/from the UK to, say, holiday destinations can be awkward and he may possibly need to get visas etc just for his week in the Canaries with the wife and kids!!!

Cheers

Whirls