PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Florida???

sparx007
25th Mar 2008, 18:32
Just a quick question for anybody out in Florida at the moment doing some flight training / hour building. Just wondered how many hours flying per day you are managing at the moment and how the weather plays out over there?? Hope you're enjoying the time anyhow since this is the main thing.

Cheers all,

Sparx007

sparx007
25th Mar 2008, 21:33
good stuff Malc4d,

What you out there for and who you doing it with?? Have fun anyhow...any ideas on flying per day you can do???

Sparx007

doctordoom
27th Mar 2008, 13:15
Hi Mate just back from OBA its easy to get 5 hours a day. Get up early in the morning the weather gets bad in the afternoon then gets good again in the evening. If you got a night rating its the best time to fly. The weather can get very bad so fly as much as you can my last week I ended up doing 9 hour's a day

sparx007
27th Mar 2008, 14:19
cheers mate,

How was OBA?? Im heading there myself in May. What aircraft did you fly?? Was it just hourbuilding for you??

Sparx007

BigGrecian
27th Mar 2008, 21:09
I ended up doing 9 hour's a day

That's a pretty brave statement to make in a public forum, considering there are multiple FTL limitations in place in both JAA and FAA regarding a magical figure of 8 hours.... :ugh:

nh2301
28th Mar 2008, 03:44
The FAA will let you fly as many part 91 hours as you like in a day (up to 24 that is!). I once did 14, and that was painful!

BigGrecian
28th Mar 2008, 17:24
Not technically true.

91.1509 refers regrding to crew members not working nor accepting a schedule of more than 8 hours a day, along with another part I can't remember.
It is vague for just ad hoc flying but I'd have to do more research.

If your hour building for JAA then you should want to make sure you were compliant with both sets of regulations and guidelines.

abs_kols
30th Mar 2008, 17:33
going there in 2 days from everyone else ive spoken with it seems quite good there at the moment.

FerrypilotDK
30th Mar 2008, 18:29
I am in Lakeland and the weather is the same as Sanford! Lovely days of about 28 C, evenings about 16 C........ Buildups in the afternoons, calm evenings. 20% chance of precip all week, but nothing here!

Sun N Fun coming up.....largest after Oshkosh!

Come on over!

8 hours a day limitation? For what activity...training? Guess I wil have to break up the 16 hour ferry legs...anyone know a good place in the middle of the Pacific to to rest on the way to Hawaii?????

Geez

FerrypilotDK
30th Mar 2008, 18:37
"Not technically true.

91.1509 refers regrding to crew members not working nor accepting a schedule of more than 8 hours a day, along with another part I can't remember.
It is vague for just ad hoc flying but I'd have to do more research."

Yes I guess so! 91.1509????

doctordoom
31st Mar 2008, 16:05
You can fly as many hours as you like whan you have a PPL after all you are the Pic and its up to you but just in case I am wrong I ment to say I flew 8 hours a day :rolleyes:

FerrypilotDK
31st Mar 2008, 19:19
You are correct! >Tony´s is closed......something about being behind on the rent......

There is another place to eat upstairs in the old Piper building on the other side of the airport, but Tony´s is missed.........