PDA

View Full Version : ATPL advices......BGS

brs
25th Mar 2008, 17:41
Hi there

I have just read 7 out of 8 of my BGS atpl module one books and find especially HPL,MET and INS pretty difficult

I still need to study the Gen nav. book and have heard that it also is a pretty hard one...

does any one have any good advices from now untill my caa exam in june and Brush up course in may 2008....I have read in here that it is possible too pass the majority og the ATPL subjects only by reading the Q bank from BGS.......is that true?

any advices???

brs

Deano777
25th Mar 2008, 18:09
No it isn't true, the QB alone will not get you that pass, the CAA have funny ways of rewording questions subtly as well. The QB is there to back up the knowledge you have taught yourself so far.
As far as the exams go, all you will need to do is study the modules Bristol set you, then when you go to the brush up this will sort you out for the exams. After week 1 of the brush up you will feel behind the 8 ball, come the end of week 2 you'll be chomping at the bit to do the exams and you will feel ready.
The brush up is the best 2 weeks you'll do, and it'll all come out the wash during this fortnight. If you only do the QB it'll bite you up the arse.