PDA

View Full Version : Fast jet over High Wycombe.

Diedtrying
25th Mar 2008, 10:57
Hi
I live just north of High Wycombe, this morning I went back to bed after a night shift and was rudely awakened by some flash git Rodney in his fast jet.............. actually I'm not mad just joshing, but we did have a very fast jet fly over us this morning, didn't get to see it as I was in bed, it's very unusual to get them around here. Has anyone got any idea what it was as it was loud.

StopStart
25th Mar 2008, 12:05
What a peculiar response.

DT - I imagine it is quite rare to get jets down that way - no idea what it was tho, soz

:ok:

spanners123
25th Mar 2008, 12:54
I see the stupid reply has gone, thankfully! Why do people feel the need to reply to a question, when they have no idea of the answer and try to be clever!:ugh:
We often ask why we don't receive the public's support as much as we used to, when you read some posts on here, small wonder!

Diedtrying
25th Mar 2008, 13:25
cheers for replying anyway guys :ok:, unfortunately i missed the peculiar response :=. I still have a few colleagues at Northolt so I'll see if they had any visitors today.

stickmonkeytamer
25th Mar 2008, 15:53
Possibly a flypast for a Grad at Halton? I'll make some enquiries and, if I find any more info, I'll let you know...

SMT

Diedtrying
25th Mar 2008, 17:55
Cheers stickmonkeytamer, I thought of that but then I also thought pass out was Wednesdays (used to be), or something going on at naphill?

Geezers of Nazareth
25th Mar 2008, 20:51
It was probably one of two things ...

There was Valley Hawk which departed from RAF Northolt this morning. It was probably before 10am (sorry, wasn't paying attention at the time), so it may well have stayed all weekend. The Hawk was handed-off to Brize, so probably remained well-south in Bucks before heading for home.

The second option... there was a graduation flypast at RAF Halton at lunchtime today. It should have been a Tornado F3 from Leuchars. These flypasts tend to be at about 1.15pm, and the aircraft usually arrives early and stooges around beforehand.

glad rag
25th Mar 2008, 21:46
Who the hell graduates from RAF Halton and gets a FJ run these days??

Stitchbitch
25th Mar 2008, 22:01
Every one hopefully. Why? Didn't you get one? :}

Diedtrying
25th Mar 2008, 22:31
Geezers of Nazareth (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=188835), thanks for the reply. I assume it was the Hawk as it was earlier than lunch time in fact before 10:30, the fact he was handed off to Brize almost confirms it. Once again thanks to all who took an interest. :ok:

Geezers of Nazareth
26th Mar 2008, 11:36

From the information that I have, probably 2/3rds do! It seems to vary between a Hawk, a Tornado (sometimes an F3, sometimes a GR4) and a Tucano.

stickmonkeytamer
26th Mar 2008, 12:41

I got a Harrier at Halton Recruit Training and a Harrier at Cranwell IOT. Destiny or density- one of the two... Never got to actually do a passout/ grad flypast yet though.

SMT

Hill Walker
26th Mar 2008, 20:18
Got an E-3 and a Nimrod. Latter was very low, very loud, very dirty...fantastic.

Diedtrying
26th Mar 2008, 22:19
Jeez, i got 3 bulldogs. :{