PDA

View Full Version : does fte or oaa supply vegetarian food

concorde747
24th Mar 2008, 21:11
was just wondering if fte of oaa had halal or vegeterian food

captain_rossco
25th Mar 2008, 11:49
There's a canteen, a restaurant and vending machines, vegtarians are well enough catered for. Plenty to chose from although not sure of the Kosher, Halal situation etc! (But then if you're going to be picky...............);)

Regards

CR

phantomcruiser07
25th Mar 2008, 13:18
i'm pretty sure nowadays evey place has a vegetarian option.......apart from steak house that is lolz

also if you look at OAA's past student websites you will see that in the past that plenty of arab carriers have tained their students there, so I'm sure something can be arranged

hollingworthp
25th Mar 2008, 14:28
The Algerian air-force send some of their guys to OAA so there must be Halal options.

Artie Fufkin
25th Mar 2008, 18:56
When I went through there was a halal option everyday. Totally revolting and inedible, as was the non halal options, but it was there.

The weekly Roast, or Roast Fat as we called it, was especially bad.

Do hope the OAT "chefs" aren't reading this post, I'm sure its improved.

student88
25th Mar 2008, 20:20
The fruit selection at OAT is suitable for vegetarians but may contain peanuts.

S88:ok:

chrisbl
25th Mar 2008, 22:26
OAA do both Halal and veggie food.

Frenk
26th Mar 2008, 16:28
FTE provide vegetarian food as well. And even if you wouldn't ask for it you could still 'compile' your own meal out of the non vegetarian things on the buffet.

turbowhat
26th Mar 2008, 17:37
OAA, or OAT as it was called in my day, did some spectacularly bad food in oxford, it was possibly vegetarian because there was nothing there I could recognize as having been at any time an animal.

Food in Goodyear is quite good, big portions bring some elastic trousers;)

Sul
26th Mar 2008, 17:39
At FTE

They do provide vegetarian food - however you must let them know what your requirements are, and remind them every now and again, and they will cater for them. If they do not have any vegetarian food at the front, then if you ask, they will, most of the time, have an alternative the chef has made behind, in the kitchen which they'll bring out for you.

They do not have any halal meat. In addition, if you have any allergies (e.g. nut, onions, etc), the chef will cater for you.

The salad bar is always available at meal times - so you can make your own vegetarian sandwiches. However, some foods at the salad bar do contain meat (such as pasta), which may limit your options slightly.