PDA

View Full Version : Aerofan

Hoop
23rd Mar 2008, 20:32
Hi I'm thinking about doing my CPL/IR at Aerofan Madrid in September time. I would be grateful for any feedback. The only previous posts I have found on here were all quite old ones.

Many thanks

mikeEGNT
24th Mar 2008, 16:13
If your planning on doing the CPL you will have to have sat youir CPL/ATPL theory in spain. Aerofan do not accept the uk theory so no go for CPL if your theory hasnt been done in spain.

Mike

yellowsubmarine
28th Mar 2008, 14:37
hi all,

I am hoping someone who has done a course with aerofan and stayed in the accomodation they provide can give me some feedback.

Where is it located, distance from cuatro vientos and the centre of madrid?

thanks for any help in advance.

YS

LH2
30th Mar 2008, 12:34
Distance 25min by car on the way in, 20min on the way back (unless in the middle of rush hour). No realistic alternative to driving for going to the airport, and be sure to do a recce before your first day--chances are you will get lost at first. To the centre, about 50min by public transport (better than own car, as in most European cities).

The area is nice (-ish, it's still Madrid which is a dump), and has all the facilities you will need. It is quiet at night, luckily.

If I can recall the name of the neighbourhood or address, I'll post. In any case, unless you know someone to stay with in Madrid or have no option of driving, their apartment is probably your best bet anyway.

Shunter
1st Apr 2008, 11:45
If your planning on doing the CPL you will have to have sat youir CPL/ATPL theory in spain. Aerofan do not accept the uk theory so no go for CPL if your theory hasnt been done in spain.Absolute bollocks. This is what Aerofan have to say about it:
Have passed the theoretical knowledge examinations for a CPL(A) or ATPL(A) in Spain or, have passed the theoretical knowledge examinations for a CPL(A) or ATPL(A) in any JAA state and have authorization from local Civil Aviation Authority of that state to complete CPL flight training in Spain

coodem
1st Apr 2008, 12:35
It is possible to do it, But you will need to get it authorized by the CAA. And it is better to get the authorization first

9Haviator
1st Apr 2008, 14:51
I have been reading that a Spanish License it not regonized buy a couple of airlines.. Why? Is it due to standard of training?.. Thanks.

:confused:

HairyMum
1st Apr 2008, 19:42
Calm down Shunter, no need to get so angry. It may well say that on the Aerofan website but i can tell you now that you cant do CPL in Spain with UK ATPL theory. Its only possible to pull off that trick in Greece and then to convert the licence upon retuning to the UK.

Been there, seen it and done mate!

coodem
1st Apr 2008, 20:28
hairymum, I know a few who have done it in the last 2 months, they had no problems, but got approval before they left. It can even be done in Florida

Shunter
1st Apr 2008, 21:28
Not angry in the slightest. I'd recommend reading the rules though. I've already discussed it in person last time I was at Gatwick and there is absolutely no reason why one can't do the theory in the UK and the flying in Spain. All it requires is one little piece of paper from PLD and you're good to go.

acuba 290
1st Apr 2008, 22:37
what is PLD?

mcgoo
1st Apr 2008, 22:45
Personnel licensing department

acuba 290
1st Apr 2008, 23:36
so, does it mean that with some paperwork is it possible to do theory in UK and CPL training with CPL skill test in Spain? Which license comes in that case? UK or spanish ? Is it really possible? where it stays?

Shunter
2nd Apr 2008, 05:39
A JAA IR is a JAA IR. Sure, let the CAA know you're going to do your training in Spain and get their blessing, but at the end of the day you can do it wherever you like providing it's at a JAR-FCL approved FTO in a JAA state. That's the system the CAA signed up for when they joined the JAA. They might not like it, but there's very little they can do about it.

I fail to see why this can be so misunderstood.

Why would you want to do the CPL training in the UK, then do the test in Spain? That seems a little silly. Either do the whole lot in the UK, or do the whole lot in Spain.